Chapter 17- Unexpected

It was now Wednesday and Malaya had gone to the café after having breakfast to do her shift. When she got there all she could smell was the mesmerizing scent of baked goods and coffee. The same smell that the café usually had but which she couldnt get tired of. She put on her apron and went on to take a customers order. Then she placed the order on the clip so they could see it and prepare the order. When the other order was ready she picked it up and carried it to the table that was supposed to receive it.

The café wasnt as busy today and Malaya didnt make as much tip as she did when she was at the bar. But the bar was already fully staffed and she was still thankful that she made money that provided her with the help she needed. The day went by rather uneventful and once she had completed her shift at work she was about to leave. But something had happened to one of the evening staff and she had to work a double. Malaya didnt mind she was actually glad for the extra cash that working double would bring her.

So she made her way back inside and continued to work. It was around five when she left work and made her way home. She was tired and her legs were aching from standing and moving around all day and her body was in desperate need for some food. It was as if her body could read her mind because in that moment her stomach growled. The sound was so loud that it frightened Malaya and she looked around to see if anyone had heard and thought someone had screamed. She increased her pace so she could reach home quicker and not embarrass herself anymore.

Once inside she made her way to her room where she stripped and took a warm shower to soothe her aching muscles. Once she was finished she pulled on a shorts and a crop top then went to the kitchen. She grabbed an apple as she tried to decide what to make for dinner. Maybe she could go with something simple like macaroni and cheese or microwavable lasagna or something. Maybe she could make some tuna or something.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard knocking on her door. Malaya wondered who that could be. She didnt really get visitors and it couldnt be the landlord because her rent wasnt due yet even though she could more than pay him. She walked to the door and took a bite of the apple as she opened it. Malaya looked up as she asked who it was. She was shocked when she came face to face with him. Her expression change to that of happiness as she blushed.

Malachi stood on the other side of the door and stared at her. He saw the apple in her hand and the juice that ran down the side of her lips and her hand. Quickly he stepped forward and licked the juice on the side of her mouth as well as pulled her hand up to his mouth and licked there too. Malaya was so stunned she stood there frozen. It was not until he kissed her lips briefly and asked if she was going to let him in that her senses started to work again.

Her face became flushed as she looked up at him. She pulled down his head for another kiss and then pulled away smiling, when she saw the look of want on his face.

Sure come in. I didnt expect you to be here, she replied making it known how unexpected his visit was.

I know but I couldnt seem to wait until Saturday to see you, Malachi told her.

He wasnt sure if he was making his feeling known when he told her that. But, he didnt care. He liked her and he wanted her to know.