Chapter 34 - Restless

Malachi couldn't bring himself to sleep. So he sat up staring at the ceiling. After leaving Malaya's house he had just drove and drove. Going in circles and burning an enormous amount of gas with the speed he was going. He hadn't eaten since lunch and he was starving so against all odds he stopped and got dinner to go. Arriving back at the house he sat around the table and ate in silence. He hadn't tasted the food just felt it sliding down his throat and settling in his stomach. Somewhere in between he had gotten uninterested and tired of eating so he shoved the plate aside and got up. Malachi went into the living room and sat down. Frustration began to settle in. he was like a lost puppy who had no idea what to do and where to go from here. He stood up and paced the floor back and forth.

Walking over to where he had the liquor cabinet he took out a bottle of Brandy and poured himself some of the caramel colored liquid in a snifter glass. Putting the snifter to his mouth he swallowed the liquid in one gulp. He shook his head from side to side as he felt the liquid burning his throat as it made its way towards his stomach. It was as if it was absorbed immediately into his blood stream. He felt the effect on his brain almost immediately. The feeling was wonderful and he poured himself glass after glass. In no time he could barely even hold the glass in his hand and he settled in the couch stretching his legs on the arm rest.

He stared at the ceiling while his brain was working overtime trying to sort out the chaotic thoughts. His vision was blurred and it was as if the room was spinning. He welcomed the feeling since it eased his pain a little. Malachi waited for sleep to come but it wouldn't so he closed his eyes and let his brain work. Eventually it would get tired and then he would get to sleep. After hours had passed he still hadn't fallen asleep. He picked up his phone wanting to call her. But he was respecting her wishes he would give her time. He was scrolling down through their message when he saw she came online. His fingers were aching to type something, anything. Maybe 'hi' or 'I miss you' or anything else that came to mind.

His finger almost touched the call button but he refrained and threw the phone on the table then started staring at the wall again. That didn't seem to be working, as stars started drifting in front of his eyes making him a bit dizzy. He jumped up a bit too quickly and almost fell after losing his balance since his feet were unsteady. Getting down on the floor he began to do some pushups. Then resorted to sit ups then he began to do some planks. He was at it for a while until his muscles began to ache. That was his sign to stop and he walked to his room. The exercise had helped to remove some of the alcohol from his body in the form of sweat.

He took a cold shower pulled on a pajama bottom and fall onto his bed. In no time he was fully out. He slept peacefully for a while until he began to dream or in his case have a nightmare. It was a cold night and he had gone to see Malaya at her house. But, when he got there he saw another car parked outside and he was absolutely sure it wasn't Malaya's because she didn't have a car. Nevertheless he stepped out of his car and curiosity got the better of him so he walked over to where the car was. He could see the car shaking and was eager to find out what was happening. When he got closer to the passenger side he heard her. Malaya was moaning and it was if he had a heart attack. The pain in his chest was unbearable. When he looked through the window he saw Malaya on top of a guy while another guy was sitting in the driver's seat, held her hair and was kissing her.

He saw red and smoke was coming from his ears and nose. His skullcap was about to burst leaving his head open. He then leaned backed and with full force gave the glass a hard fist shattering the broken pieces of glass all over the car and their bodies.

"Get out!" he shouted, before having a hypnic jerk out of his sleep and sitting upright tears falling down his face.

Thank you for reading.

Vote and share 

SweedishDarling