Chapter 26 - When Things Go Haywire

After school Malaya went to the café for her shift. It felt as if she hadnt been there in a while. She put on her apron and went to the customers. Coffee was given then their orders were written down and brought to the kitchen for preparation. She went back and forth doing that. When all was settled she took a rest around the back. Not before hiding and eating a few hot biscuits.

Remember to meet me at the café at our regular time. We havent talked or seen each other in a few days, was the message he sent. He got into his car and made his way to the café hoping that the message was delivered. Work today wasnt so hectic for him and so he had time to spare. It was just a few meetings and calls nothing major which he was thankful for. Otherwise he would have been drained which reminded him that he needed to plan that vacation. This week for sure he will have it planned with his personal assistant and he made a mental note of that.

He wondered whether or not his girlfriend would agree in going with him. Then he remembered she had school. Maybe in a month or so when they would have gotten holiday or break from school he would arrange for them to go on a vacation. He then sent the message and got into his car.

In half an hour he arrived at the café. He went inside and sat down. Within few minutes he saw a car pull up. Then he made his way into the café and sat opposite him around the table.

Well glad you could make it Chadwell and how have you been? Malachi questioned.

I have been good dad, Chadwell replied.

I havent seen you in a while. Its as if we dont even live together, his dad commented.

Chadwell chuckled.

Dad Im just at a friends for a while, he responded.

Malachi released a breath. Feeling relieved to know that hes alright.

Next time call or text and let me know, Malachi said.

Yeah okay dad. Besides with your new lady I thought you might need the space, Chadwell teased.

They both laughed. Malachis cheeks were flushed, while teasing each other about the woman in their life.

***************************

Malaya you are needed at the front at table one, said the manager.

She quickly brushed her clothes off, drank some soda, picked up her book and pen and went to the front. Malaya who was looking down on herself trying to see if her little lunch break had made her looking like a mess. Luckily there was no evidence and she was already at the table.

Welcome to Marys Café what can I get you? she said as she looked up from her apron to see her customers.

Both Chadwell and Malachi looked in her direction as she spoke. All three of them were shocked to see each other and with everyone present at that. Malaya was stunned the most as well as confused.

Hey Malaya I didnt know you worked here, Chadwell said breaking the ice.

Yeah I have since school started, she told him.

She couldnt help but take glances at Malachi she wanted to know the relation between the two but didnt want to ask.

Do you two know each other? Malachi asked.

Yes. She was the one I told you about, my girlfriend, he told his dad.