Chapter 21- Toast

After he gave her a peck on the lips they went back to the car and drove off towards the restaurant. Malaya was so looking forward to this. They made small talk on the way until Malaya turned the radio on. A sweet romantic song came on and she could let the opportunity passed for her to do some crazy dance. She started moving her shoulders from side to side and scrunched her face up as if she was feeling the words of the song and the music was speaking to her.

Malachi couldnt help but to laugh at her. He didnt know what she was doing to him but he loved it. She made him laugh and he hadnt done that in so long he thought he forgot how to. Seeing her being herself around him made him want to melt. He was glad that she felt comfortable around him to be herself and not pretend. It was so refreshing. Not that there had been many, but the few had all wanted to impress him.

In half an hour they had arrived at the restaurant and he got out of the car and made his way to her side and opened the door for her. Malaya thought chivalry was dead and gone but was glad to see it was still alive and inside the man that was standing in front of her, her soon to be man. He locked the doors and placed his hand on the small of her back and they made their way inside the restaurant. He was instantly led to his table since he had booked it beforehand.

As they were seated they were given two menus and a glass of bubbling champagne. The restaurant was very fancy and it was a six star restaurant. the wall were elegantly designed the ceiling had huge chandeliers, the tables were so magnificent they looked like art work that needed to be in a museum, the board floor looked so refined and shine that one could see their reflection in it the overall space was so elegant that Malaya wanted to shiver. It seemed like it was somewhat too much for her.

In a few minutes that had given the waiter their order and began talking once he left. Malaya lifted the glass to her lips and took a sip. Even the wine tasted rich and bore some elegance with the taste and the way it went down her throat. It was magnificent as well as the view. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves as they sat and ate their food while they converse. She had to take it all in she didnt want to miss a single moment. This was her first time at such a fancy restaurant. Not even the one that Chadwell took her to was this fancy.

Although she wouldnt have mind if they had went somewhere simpler. She wouldnt be thinking that way now she thought. She would enjoy this because it was amazing. Malachi saw her taking notice of her surrounding and he smiled. He knew she would like it even if it felt a little overbearing to her at first. He wanted to give her the best and didnt want her to settle for less. Malachi wanted to wine and dine her and show her the finer things in life since she had been through a lot he would assume based on what he read from her file and letter of why she should be given that scholarship. Yes he had read it and was very impressed and also felt a little sympathy for her. But all that would soon change he would take care of her. She wouldnt need for anything as long as she was willing to give them a try. He snapped out of his thoughts and turned to her.

Lets make a toast, Malachi said.

A toast to what, Malaya asked raising her glass.

To our new relationship, he responded.

Malaya smiled then said,

To our relationship, and they clinked their glasses together.