Chapter 7 - Answer

The week had no doubt flown by very quickly. Malayas days were pretty much the same from school to work to home then the same thing the next day. She was at home in her living room when her phone beeped. Sitting up she grabbed the phone from the coffee table. It was an incoming email from what she could see from the notification bar. She unlocked her phone laid back in the couch and clicked on the message. Then she began reading it.

She jumped up when she realized what the message was about. Malaya couldnt believe what her eyes were showing her and so she rubbed them to ensure she wasnt seeing doubles. She looked again and saw the same thing and couldnt stop the smile that spread across her face. Low and behold she had gotten the scholarship that she had applied for from about three months ago. That was before school had started.

She was so excited. Malaya had prayed very hard for this scholarship and it seemed as if the lord had answered her prayers. At least one of her prayers and she was glad even one came through. Maybe the others were not far from being answered as well. This will help out a lot with her tuition. She had only been paying it in small portions based on the payment plan she chose. Sometimes she still fell short of paying it due to the difficulty her parents were facing financially.

Thinking about her parents she immediately dialed her mothers number and listened while it rings. It rang for about a minute before she answered.

Hello darling how are you? her mother asked with concern.

Im great mother and I have good news, excellent news, she squealed excitedly.

She gave her mother the news the way she had gotten it without leaving a single detail out. Malaya even told her the part about her being in the dining area in the couch when the message came in on her phone. Once she was finish telling her the news her mother cried tears of joy and also called her father in the room to share the good news. They were so thankful because they werent sure where the money for the next payment was coming from. Her father was a fast food cook while her mother was a nanny.

So they didnt really make a lot of money to match up with college or university standards. Sometimes they wondered why the tuition and other payments had to be so expensive. Afterall the students have to read for their degree and study its not as if they got step by step help or something for that kind of money that they were asking for. If one would just think about it, they would realize that it was so bizarre Malaya thought. But thats just the world we live in where money makes it go round and round.

Chloe ended the call with her mom after telling her how much she loved them and promising to call again soon even if just for a few minutes. She stood up and jumped around the house since she couldnt contain her excitement and how happy she was. When she had exhausted her feet she fell back in the couch and leaned into it.

She then realized she hadnt replied to the message and did so quickly after giving a date that suited her best for an interview to seal the deal. Even though it was pretty much sealed but thats how those rich people do their thing to ensure their money isnt being wasted. I couldnt care less if they had asked me to kiss their shoes. I would have at this point, Malaya reasoned to herself.

This calls for celebration and she will be going out tonight.