Chapter 30 - Request

Malaya hesitated but eventually went to have a seat opposite Malachi. Her heart was beating so fast and she could hear it drumming in her ears. She swallowed the ill feeling that was forming within her throat. Malaya didn't like the way he said that they had to talk. It made her quiver inside. She had a feeling that she wouldn't like what he was about to say. Nonetheless she sat and waited for him to say whatever he wanted to say first. Then she would go ahead and say what she came to say as well.

Malachi looked at her observing her. How he wished he wasn't in this position right now. He wanted her so badly not just sexually but in every way. Mustering up the cover to continue he cleared his throat and began. He had to be strong. It was the right thing to do.

"So as you know Chadwell is my son and I didn't know you two were in a relationship. I suppose I'm the blame for not letting both of you have a real shot at a relationship," Malachi said feeling sad but trying his best to hide his emotions.

He had to be strong he reminded himself. Malaya couldn't believe the bullshit that was coming from his mouth.

"We were not in a relationship. We went on one date and he didn't have the decency to call or text me afterwards. So there was nothing between us. Therefore you are not the one to blame he is. He's the reason why it didn't work out and I'm glad it didn't because I wouldn't have met you," Malaya told him.

"By the way you didn't even tell me you had a son. Although we haven't been going out for that long," she accused.

Malachi knew that would come up. He should have told her but he had honestly got caught up in their whirlwind romance and had totally forgotten.

"I'm so sorry about that I should have. But I suppose it doesn't matter now anyways, he remarked.

Malaya was a bit confused. She tried to wrack her brain around what he was saying and implying.

"What do you mean by that?" she questioned.

Malachi didn't want to have to do this, but had to for his son's sake. Even now, Chadwell didn't know that Malaya was the girl he was seeing. And it would break his heart if he did. He could tell that Chadwell liked her which made the situation more complicated, because he liked her as well. But, 'like' was somewhat not a good description for what he felt for her. It was more than that. Why did they have to like the same girl? Was the question that plagued his mind ever since that day in the café. Something had to be done and either way someone was going to get hurt. So it was best to just get it over with. Being a dad in a situation like this really made it even harder. As a father and parent his child's need came before his no matter what.

"I think you should give Chadwell a second chance. Besides I'm too old for you, you should date someone your age that you could relate to more," he informed her.

"I'm not giving him another chance he got one and messed it up. And I don't want to date someone my age I want to be with you," Malaya told him.

Her heart was beating faster and she was getting upset. Why couldn't he see that he was the one she wanted? She thought. Didn't he want her too? She asked herself. Malachi felt so stressed, tired and agitated. He wanted her, to be with her as well. But that's just the way it had to be. He will do it this way. If their relationship was meant to be they will find their way back to each other. Malachi desperately hoped that, that was the case and she would care for him enough to come back to him after what he was about to say next. He rubbed his hands across his face dreading the moment when he would say what he had to.

"In order to keep your scholarship I want you to date Chadwell and see where the relationship goes that's a new requirement. If not it will be withdrawn and given to the next in line candidate, he informed her a bit roughly.

Thank you for reading. Please vote and share to friends.

SweedishDarling

Love you all

Read

*Devour the Creamy Goodness

*Salacious Encounter

Questions

What do you think will be Malaya's reaction to Malachi's request?

Will she accept it or deny?