Chapter 2 - New Job

The next day she went in search of a job. There were a few ads in the paper and so she decided to check them out. They weren't anything fancy, just the usual bars and cafes. In order to keep up with her rent plus a little savings on the side she would have to take two jobs. She didn't have to wait long because there were vacancies and they were desperate for someone to come along. It seemed she was in luck. The owner of the bar needed her to start right away up until 8pm when someone will be coming on. Therefore she went around the back got dressed and started her shift. It was hectic because the bar was up and running and it was a popular place for people to hang out. There was no time for her to even sit and rest her feet. She was needed every second of every minute. She didn't mind though, since it was her first day and she was making a lot of tips, which excited her. As for the job at the cafe they didn't need her to work as yet. She was hoping that both jobs fitted right in with her schedule or there will be a problem.

After her shift was over she grabbed a burger and a coke for dinner and went home. She ate and did a little recap of her notes then took a shower. It wasn't time for her to retire and so she went to watch a movie. It was one of those lifetime movies she liked and so she decided to watch it. She had no idea as to when she fell asleep but woke up to find the sun creeping in through the windows. Lazily she dragged herself to the bathroom to get ready for school. Somehow she wished the days would go faster it was only Wednesday.

All she could think about was finishing college or to take a year off from her studies to rest and enjoy herself. It had been so long since she was pampered and got all dressed up for an occasion even if it was just a small one. With those thoughts in mind she walked to school. When she got there, she dropped herself on the seat and slouched into it. School was so boring especially the classes that she took. She did Biology, Pharmacology and Sociology along with some irrelevant ones. Sometimes she wished she had gone ahead and learned a skill, so she could have worked instead of going to school with no guarantee of work. Then the teacher walked in.

We will be moving on to a new topic, she said.

Here we go again, muttered Malaya annoyed.

When class was over and she was walking home she received a call from the owner of the cafe saying that she can start today.

Sometimes I wonder how long this is going to last. But, I'm still grateful for the little my parents can give me, said Malaya as she sighed.

Lord, please carry me through, Malaya begged as she looked to the sky. This is all in your hands now because Ive definitely lost my way and youre the only one that can help me. Please give me a sign or send help my way father. She sent that silent prayer above as she made her way to the café to start her shift.