Chapter 28 - Confused Thoughts

Back at the office he closed the door and sat in his chair. He leaned back and closed his eyes. He so badly wanted to break something but decided against it. He wanted to go see her, kiss her and hold her. Malachi couldnt imagine how she was feeling and he so badly wanted to know if she felt hurt as much as he did or as confused and disturbed as he was. But as much as he missed her he wont see her. They both needed space to think things through.

He couldnt stop wondering if she and Chadwell had done the deed. It pained his heart to think they did. Why couldnt this be a simple situation? He asked no one in particular. He was just starting to feel full of life again and happy and this happened. Here he thought she would be the one he could be in a relationship with. Well she might be a bit young not that he was much older than her. And age is just a number it doesnt really matter.

His mind was in a whirlwind, he didnt know what to think anymore. So he didnt think at all. He just dived into work. It helped to some extent in distracting him. So he worked and worked, not caring what time it was or that the work that he was doing didnt need to be looked at right away. At least it was being done. He made calls, and made some report and read over contracts and deals. It was as if he was a man gone mad, browsing through papers, typing and signing.

*******************************

Meanwhile Malaya had left the café after her shift was over and was now in the confines of her rented house. Her mind was in turmoil and she couldnt fathom why this had to happen to her on top of all the complications she was already facing. She wanted this one thing to go well even if nothing else seemed to be going good in her life. But, it seems as if it shouldnt. Malaya was in no mood to cook and so decided to order some Chinese and a pizza.

When it arrived she paid and placed them on the table. Then she went to take a shower. She couldnt help it so she let the tears flow. They were hers after all. She was in the shower for about an hour, letting the water flow on her body and soothe her. It was quite relaxing too and made her feel a bit better. When she got out, she was a bit lighter in her mood. A shower is just what a girl needs to cure and clear up all sorts of complication, especially that of a confused mind. Malaya lotioned and got dress then went downstairs.

She started eating while she watched a show. Somehow the situation isnt all that complicated as it first seemed. There wasnt anything between her and Chadwell. But there was definitely something between her and Malachi. She remembered seeing how upset he looked at the café and wanted nothing more than to clear all those horrible thoughts that he might be harboring in his head. Malaya wanted to hug him right now and kiss him. Also share her late dinner with him while they watch the movie. But knew that couldnt happen. He needed to cool down a bit.

I will try and get to him tomorrow she thought. That should give him enough time. What they had was just starting it couldnt finish so quickly.

She ate and finished watching the show. Then she cleaned up and went to her room. She did the research she had to do then read over her notes. With that complete she went to bed.