Chapter 27 - Awkward Conversation

Wow Girlfriend? I havent heard anything from you in about two weeks. What we had ended before it even started.

How do you two know each other? Malaya asked.

Oh wheres my manners, this is Malachi my father and father this is Malaya.

Your father, did I hear correctly? she asked.

Yes, Malachi said.

Neither of them made it known that they knew each other. They just made a slight nod in acknowledgement. With the situation getting crazier each second and Malaya having enough of it she decided to do what she came to do from the beginning. So she asked for their orders wrote it down and quickly excused herself. As soon as their meals were ready she picked them up and brought it to them. Then excused herself right after. She then went to lean against the wall around the back for strength. Luckily nobody else had come in as yet so she could get the moment to herself.

Malachi couldnt believe what had just taken place. He wanted to have a word with her but couldnt do it here and not in front of his son. What could have caused this he asked himself? He and his son are dating the same woman. Or at least was since she said they didnt have anything going on. This was such a sticky and messed up situation. But the thing that was bothering him the most was how Chadwell could have let her go. So he decided to find out.

So why didnt you get in contact after going out with her? Malachi asked.

I was stupid. I got caught up with the guys and an encounter with an ex- girlfriend that I was trying to sort out, he informed his father.

You should have handled the situation a little better, because now you made her slip through your fingers, he told him.

I know dad, I know. But I will get her back. Any ideas on how I could do that? Chadwell asked.

How strong are your feelings for her? his dad asked.

Im not quite sure as yet, he responded.

Well son you should figure that out first before you try and fix things or else it wont make sense. She seems like a nice woman and if you dont feel strongly for her I suggest that you dont play around with her feelings, Malachi explained.

They ate their meals both of them contemplating about the situation and the woman in the midst of it all. Malachi didnt want Chadwell to want her he begged and pleaded to the heavens that he didnt. He wanted he liked her and his feelings were growing each moment he spent with her. Malachi wondered if she felt the same way. Nevertheless, he had to put his feelings aside. If his son liked her and truly did he had no choice but to step away and let them have their chance.

Malachi was no longer in the mood for company and told his son that he had to get back at the office. They hugged and Chadwell told him that he will be staying at his friends house a bit longer. So they drove off in different directions. Both with their minds heavy which was currently undergoing a mental battle especially that of Malachi.