Chapter 38

She didn't answer my call, said Malachi. He must have really messed up. Well he knew he did but he figured she would have forgiven him by now. Sigh, what is he going to do now, he wondered? He remembered everything that she said to him that day word for word. "Since you don't care about me or us and keep talking about me dating your son this relationship is over. I will never date your son he doesn't care about anyone but himself. As for the scholarship you can keep it I don't need it. I will find a way on my own." It still stung to remember her words but he deserved all that and more. His mind went ahead to think about what she said next. "I don't want to see you and there's nothing left to talk about. We said all that needed to be said at the office." Then the last thing she said and the last time he saw her was "I need time Malachi and space. You hurt me."

He was such a fool he thought. But what was he suppose to do stuck between his girl and his son. He and his son both had feelings for the same girl he had to put him over himself. Well even so he did go too far by telling her she had to date his son to keep the scholarship. That was beyond low and wasn't like him at all. Malachi didn't know what came over him for him to say that. He was just trying to help out the situation but ended up making matters worse. But, he was missing her so badly he needed her back in his life. Maybe he would have to do something crazy again to get her back. Give her an ultimatum or something.

At least it would keep her around him long enough for her to fall for him again. Sounds like a really crazy plan that will sink him even further in the grave he dug. But, it was worth a try he thought. Picking up the phone he hit the speed dial and the phone began to ring again. Once more she didn't answer. He called yet again and got the same response- nothing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why was he calling me again? Malaya thought. I specifically asked for space, this was not him giving her space. Her fingers ached to answer the phone. Thoughts plagued her mind. Should she have answered? Should she call back? Why was he calling? Maybe I would look too weak if I called back or answer she thought. Nevertheless she waited in bed for him to call back. But, he didn't and for some reason that made her sad and upset. So he was just going to call three times and not call back. He was giving up that easy. And that made her heart ached even more. She placed the phone beside her pillow while she laid her head on it and let the tears flow. Ensuring that she didn't make any noise for her parents to hear and start asking questions.

Malachi sat at his desk in his home office with the phone in his hand. He twisted and twirled it while he tried to get his thoughts out of a bunch. His brain was battling between calling her again and not calling. It baffled him that he was trying so hard when he could get anyone he wanted but sucked that he only wanted her. And he was no longer sure if she wanted him or not. Although he would fix that soon enough he thought. He decided to text her with an "I miss you" and hoped she replied. Ten minutes had passed and he got no reply. He decided to try again so he began to type "I miss you so much mi Amor" then hit the send button.

There Malaya was with her hands aching to touch the key pad. She thought about it for a while then finally decided to respond. Who would it hurt anyway she thought. So she responded saying "that's nice to hear" even though she so badly wanted to tell him how much she missed him too. Malachi smiled when he saw her reply. First step to coming back to me Malaya, I'm glad you took it, because you will be mine again soon and mine only.