Chapter 1-The Landlord

There she was standing on the lawn. It was a late September evening and some guys from school were throwing a party on campus. She was planning to get some reading done, but the noise was unbearable and the music was booming. Her room felt as if everything was shaking including her, literally! She was shaking as if she got the chills or some nervous breakdown. Her house was about three blocks away from the school. She didnt board on campus because it was a bit more expensive than the small houses nearby. After numerous attempts at trying to read she finally gave up, pulled on a pants grabbed her sweater and left. By the time she got there, which was just at midnight some of the girls and guys were beyond drunk. Drunk to the point where they had no sense of feel and were definitely in a world of their own. Poor souls she thought to herself. She actually realized that she felt sorry for them.

As she made her way to the room she started to regret coming. The room was cramped and the alcohol was so strong that it didnt feel like air anymore, but just alcohol. It caused her nose to burn and left her gasping for air. She pushed her way to the kitchen where she could get something to drink and ease the scorch she felt in her throat. She shared herself some punch and made her way outside, where she found a chair and sat alone. It felt good sitting there with the breeze blowing, people screaming the words of the song that was playing, because that was definitely not singing, couples hooking up, her feeling a bit tipsy and not worrying about anything for a change. She was definitely not used to drinking and just a small amount could turn her brain to mush. For a while it was just her, until this cute senior came along. They were there talking and introducing themselves. He was smart for a cute guy, most cute guys were normally self centered and not very bright. They sat there talking for the rest of the night until she felt sleepy. After saying their goodbyes she went home and slipped under the sheets. In no time she was out.

She woke up feeling a bit light headed and hungry. Crawling out of bed she checked the time on the clock that was in her living room. Her first class would be starting in an hour. She didnt have time to make breakfast and so she stopped at a small diner a few blocks from where she was staying. On the breakfast menu they had scrambled eggs and sausages, grilled cheese, soup, tea and porridge. She decided to go with the scrambled eggs and sausage with some hot chocolate. After she was through she left and went to school. She had minutes to spare and decided to look through her previous notes in the last AP Biology class. The teacher arrived a couple minutes late. She was a beautiful blonde with long legs, small lips and a small face to fit those big eyes of hers. Nonetheless she was still beautiful.

She taught them about molecular cells, since she decided to do a recap so they could have a better understanding. When class was over she went to grab lunch in the cafeteria. She normally sat by herself and would read novels while eating. On this particular day the mean girls of the school were planning on taunting one of the nerds. They figured Malayah was a nerd since she just sat there in her glasses reading a book. So they got up emptied their leftover on one tray and the ring leader took it. Tasha was a bitch and deserved to be put in her place. Malaya figured they were up to something so as they were making their way over she got up and went out of the cafeteria.

On her way home she got a call saying her rent was due next week. After hanging up she stood in the same spot for a minute.

Oh crap! I need a job! she shouted.