"It doesn't matter anyways, mother. I'm gonna tell Sweeney about Lucy." You said, and, then, you walked towards the door. But, then, out of nowhere, you were hit in the back of your head by something hard. You fell on the floor, with your vision a bit blurry. You looked up and saw your mother holding a rolling pin in her hand. "You're not going anywhere, girl." She said, before you blacked out.

***

You woke up to the sound of your mother screaming. "Die! God in Heaven! Die!" You heard her shout. Then, you heard the door open. "Why'd you scream?" You heard Sweeney's voice. "He was catching onto me dress, but he's finished now." Your mother explained. "Why is (y/n) tied up?" Sweeney's asked. "(y/n) was gonna turn us in to the law, so I stopped her with my rolling pin." Your mother lied to Sweeney, which angered you.

You winced in pain from the spot that you got hit from the rolling pin on the back of your head. When you tried to move, you felt your wrists and ankles were tied together by ropes. Plus, your mouth was gagged, so you couldn't speak. You felt helpless.

You looked around and noticed that you were in the basement where your mother makes the meat pies. You also glanced to your right and saw three lifeless bodies on the ground and you even recognized them. It was Judge Turpin, Beadle Bamford, and Lucy. "No!" You cried through the gag, with tears forming in your eyes.

Your mother opened the large door to the oven and said, "Come on, Mr. T, help me with (y/n)." Then, you started squirming and shaking your head as a blood covered Sweeney looked at you, while walking towards you.

Thankfully, the gag slipped off of your mouth as Sweeney stopped in front of you. "Sweeney, look at the woman!" You yelled.

Then, Sweeney turned to see the woman on the ground, with the light shining on her face. He kept his eyes on her as he walked towards her. He kneeled down beside her and pulled her blonde hair out of the way to see her face. You could see that he recognized her. "'Don't I know you?' She said." Sweeney spoke, softly.

He looked up at your mother, with anger in his eyes. "You knew she lived." He said. Your mother shook her head, slowly, and said, "I was only thinking of you." "You lied to me." Sweeney said, while standing up. "No. I never lied." Your mother said.

"I found her, Sweeney, and I was gonna tell you, but mother knocked me out." You explained. "And you were gonna throw (y/n), your own daughter, into the oven because of that?" Sweeney said, while looking down at you. But your mother hesitated to answer. "It's true." You whispered, with tears running down the sides of your head.

Sweeney looked at your mother. "You lied." He said, while walking towards her. "I said she took the poison, I never said that she died. She lived, but it left her weak in the head. All she did for months was just lie there in bed. She should've been in the hospital, wound up in Bedlam instead." Your mother explained.

"My Lucy is gone." Sweeney said, with a hint of sadness in his voice. "Yes, I lied 'cause I love you! I'd be twice the wife she was! I love you!" Your mother said, while backing away, slowly. "Mrs. Lovett, you're a bloody wonder. Eminently practical and yet appropriate as always. As you've said repeatedly there's little point in dwelling on the past. Now come here, my love. Not a thing to fear, my love. What's dead is dead." Sweeney said, almost as if he was forgiving her, as he was getting closer towards her.

As your mother tried explaining to Sweeney with a wall blocking her path, Sweeney, unexpectedly, started waltzing with her, which confused you. Until, all of a sudden, he threw her into the oven. You closed your eyes, tightly, as you heard your mother screaming and the door locking up. Your mother, then, stopped screaming afterwards.

You opened your eyes and saw Sweeney walking towards Lucy's lifeless body. "There was a barber and his wife and she was beautiful." He sang, softly, as he kneeled down and picked her up, while he looked down at her. "A foolish barber and his wife, she was his reason and his life and she was beautiful. And she was virtuous, and he was..." He stopped singing.

Then, Sweeney looked up from Lucy and he looked at you. He, gently, set Lucy down and he stood up and he walked towards you, slowly. You whimpered while you curled up in a ball form as he kneeled down next to you, scared of what he'll do to you.

"Shh. It's alright, my dear. I'm not gonna hurt you." Sweeney said, softly, as he placed his hand on your head and, gently, stroked your (h/c) hair. You looked up at him and you saw a softness in his eyes.

Sweeney took out his razor and he helped cut the ropes off your wrists and your ankles. After he was done, he picked you up and placed you on his lap, where he, then, wrapped his arms around you and held you close. You wrapped your arms around his torso and you buried your face in his chest, while you cried.

"I'm so sorry about Lucy, Sweeney. It's all my fault." You said, with more tears running down your cheeks. "Shh. Shh. There, there, darling. It's not your fault. It was your mother who stopped you from telling me." Sweeney said, and, then, he placed a kiss on top of your head, while rocking you back and forth.

"I may have lost my Lucy, but at least I didn't lose my (y/n)." He added, while rubbing your back, slowly, in circles.

When he said that, you looked up from his chest, looking surprised. Then, Sweeney caressed your cheek with his hand and he leaned down and pressed his soft lips against yours. You were a bit surprised, but, then, you closed your eyes as you melted into the kiss and kissed him back.

Moments later, Sweeney pulled away from the kiss, slowly, as he looked down at you. "When I saw you for the first time, I've always had loving feelings for you, (y/n)." He spoke, softly, while he stroked your cheek. "So have I." You said back, softly.

Then, Sweeney stood up, with you in his arms, in a bridal style, and with your arms wrapped around his neck. "Let's get out of here, my love." He said. You nodded. Then, Sweeney carried you out of the basement and out of the shop, where you both ran away together.