This building is the place that haunts my dreams. I remember it down to the smell and how the sound would echo. As much as I want to run, my feet are retracing the path I ran that night as they lead me back to where it all began. Room 404.

I always wondered why they chose this room out of all of the ones they could have used. Why not one on the first floor or even the second? Why did they select a room on the top floor? Even that night, this was one of those random thoughts that ran through my head.

Standing outside the door, the urge to flee is even greater than it was when I came inside. I push on the door, making it swing open. Looking down at the threshold, I debate about stepping into the room.

Bright's POV

Sitting on a bench outside of the Architecture faculty, I am beginning to get worried. I messaged Kammon before the end of class, and he said he would meet me here, but that was fifteen minutes ago. He should be here by now. I look at the messages I sent since then and run my thumb over them. None of the messages have changed to Read. I send another one.

❤️Bright❤️: Kammon where r u?

I look up at Kammon's faculty and debate if I should go looking for him. Maybe he got held up in a lab or something. But in the back of my head, there is a feeling that has been growing. The feeling like something bad is about to happen. I have to give it Prem. If this is what he feels about N'Wad, I don't know how he has done it. Kammon, at least, was not a target anymore, unlike N'Wad.

"Fvck it," I growl as I stand up and head into the faculty.

Walking the halls, I am ignoring the strange looks I am getting, and the few girls who have tried to talk to me have stormed off in a huff after I told them I was no longer on the market. And the one who demanded to know who the girl was made me want to punch something. Who it is is none of their damn business. Even if it were a girl, I wouldn't have told her.

I lean against the wall outside of a classroom, figuring out what I should do next. With each room and floor, that sense of dread has grown. Maybe N'Maprang knows where her cousin is.

Bright: Do you know where ur cousin is?

Property of Oak: ?? he is not with u

Bright: ...

Bright: srsly if he was y would i ask

Property of Oak: let me message him

I am making a list in my head of things I need to know about Kammon. His schedule and his dorm are top of the list.

Property of Oak: not answering

Bright: did he even read?

Property of Oak: no

Fvck! Where the hell is he?

Property of Oak: u didn't happen to install the app on him

I stare at the message. I did. The morning I woke up in the meeting hall, he was still asleep. I installed it and have felt bad about not telling him since. It made me feel like a stalker boyfriend. My finger hovers over the app. Should I or should I not?

A message notification shows at the top of my screen. It is from N'Maprang.

Property of Oak: P' i am worried.

That makes my decision for me. I am not the only one worried. Opening the app, I start down the stairs as I watch the screen. Halfway down, I stop and look at the location. Where the hell is that? Kammon is still on campus? I zoom in, and my heart stops when I realize where he is. Why the fvck is he there?