Ray Toro - Sick for a Day

A/N : getting this one done as well. Requested by the amazing daddys_girl_frnkie  ! ~ ✨

also, a fluffy Ray oneshot, as fluffy as his beautiful fro fro, for WoonaWulez coz they're such a sucker for fluff stuff! ;)

You move around in bed, what time is it? You can feel the morning light lighten up the room already, so it means time to wake up. But today feels weird, it feels harder to get out of bed. You're not feeling comfortable being in the blanket as well. It feels hot, yet cold at the same time. Slowly you open your eyes, & meet the lovely gaze of your husband of a year; Ray Toro. The sight of him makes you feel a lil bit better.

"Morning Princess." He goes to peck your lips, making you let out a tiny giggle. But then Ray furrows his eyebrows, "Darling, you don't look so good, you look pale." Before you can open your mouth, & say something in defence, Ray already has his hand on your forehead, checking your body temperature. "I'm fine, Ray Ray." You remove his hand away from you. You don't want to make your husband worry or anything. Ray gasps, "Y/n, you're so hot! I mean, of course you look hot all the time, but you're literally burning right now!"

You let out a loud chuckle, & playfully hit your husband on the arm, before the uncomfortable feeling takes over again, making you roll over, & has your back facing Ray, burying your whole body in the blanket. "I seriously am fine, Ray. I probably just need more sleep." Ray looks at you being a lump on the bed. His anxiousness grows, he then gets up & off the bed, before he moves to take a good look of you again.

You have your eyes closed, & you really look like you're sick. Ray starts panicking, he walks back & forth in the bedroom you guys shared, running his hand through his hair sometimes, thinking of what can he do now, what MUST he do now. Suddenly his tummy grumbles, it's morning, & of course he feels hungry. That's it. He's going to prepare you a hearty breakfast. But what do sick people eat for breakfast?

He goes downstairs quickly, yet quietly as to not wake you up, then heads to the kitchen. He looks around, getting some ideas on what to serve you. But he's being too worried about you & couldn't come up with anything in mind! Suddenly his eyes flicker towards his phone, laying around on the table. Quickly he reaches for it, & the first number he sees is Frank's. He wastes no time & calls that dear friend of his.

"Umm..yeah Ray?? S-s'up?" Ray quirks an eyebrow, even though the other person on the line can't see it. "Frank? You okay?" "You kinda interrupt me & Jamia in the middle of something so fuck you." That midget guy then let out a laugh. If Ray isn't too anxious right now, he'll probably tease Frank about it. But his mind can't stop thinking about you being on the bed, snuggle up in your blanket, shaking from feeling so cold when your body is actually really hot.

"Hey, listen. Y/n is sick, like, really2 sick. I'm frickin scared right now & I don't know what to make her for breakfast. She can't just simply eat something random out of the fridge. I wanna make something nice & warm, perfect for a sick person." "What kind of sick?" "I put my hand on her forehead & she's freakin hot!" Frank then laughs at his friend. "This is no time for joke, man. You gotta help me here, it's serious!!"

Then Frank's laughter dies down. "Dude, your wife is just having a fever. Chill~" Ray rolls his eyes, then his friend continue, "Ya know, you can always just give her some soup, a hot & nice one." Yeah, soup. Soup is the best. Soup is perfect for a sick person. That's it, that's what he's going to prepare you. Ray let out a sigh of relief which can be heard by Frank. "Thanks Frank. That's exactly what I'm going to make. Bye, & thanks again!" He ends the call, but Frank on the other line was about to say something, but he didn't make it.