Child! Ray Toro - Playtime Partner

A/N : Cute and fluffy for ya guys :D Served fresh from the oven

You stand still, two lollipops in your hand. This will be your first time being out at the playground. Though you're already 7 years old, you were never allowed to be outside the house, your Mom has been too overprotective over you for the past years. Well, you can't put 100% blame on her. After your parents divorced, your Mom was being extra careful while taking care of you, fret that after losing her husband, she's going to lose you too. Though she's been keeping you away from the outside world, you don't love her any less.

But today, today is the day, the day you got the freedom. Your Mom finally allowed you to play outside, saying like, "It's time. I trust you're big enough to be out there. Go make some friends." You can't explain the excitement you feel, and the smile that plastered on your face. You sprint towards the pavement after you close the (goddamn) door and bid your mother goodbye.

Your eyes landed on a candy shop along the way to the playground. Because it's your first time being outside by yourself, you can't help but to stop by and feast your eyes with varieties of sweet treats. You check your pocket, only having a few money. So you decide to get a pair of lollipop for today, guess the others will have to wait. This explain why you're standing still at the park entrance with that lollipops in your hand.

At first, you were super thrilled to be outside. Now that you've arrived at the playground, a sudden feel of nervousness wash over you. You feel like the place is too crowded. Children running here and there. They all seem hype and wild, confident written all over their faces. Since it's your first time, you kinda dislike the atmosphere. You suddenly become self-conscious and timid.

So you walk slowly towards a bench, awkwardly sitting there alone. Your hands playing around with the lollipops you just bought. You couldn't even bring yourself to unwrap one of it and eat it there, too shy to do it in the public. From afar, watching you is a boy of about nine years old, and light brown curly hair. He suddenly makes his way towards you, without you noticing.

"Why aren't you playing?" he flops down next to you. Your eyes go big as you stare at the boy suddenly sitting next to you. "I-I'm a bit scared. It's my first time here." "I knew it! No wonder I haven't seen you around before. I'm Ray!" The boy cheerfully extends his hand for you to shake. "Y/n." You shake his hand, as your Mom always reminds you to be polite.

Then Ray proceeds to ask you the next question. "Why are you scared? It's just a playground. Everyone's here to have fun." You scan the surrounding before you reply, "Everybody has someone to play with. I'm all alone." "Hey, you can play with me. Besides, it's like I own this place." He gives you a smug look while folding both his arms, puffing his chest a bit.

But you quirk an eyebrow at him. "How can you own the playground? I think it belongs to everyone." "Well, you see, I've been here for a loooong time. & I believe I'm the oldest here." He drags the word 'long' to exaggerate a bit. Your eyes once more go to scan around, and land on a couple of adults. "But there are much older people here." You said as you point at the adults.

"They're just parents who bring their toddlers here. They don't count." You look at Ray with a 'I don't get it' look. "Ugh, why are we talking about this?? We should be playing something! Come on, I'll show you around." With that, Ray takes your hand in his and start running somewhere, before you tug at his hand and force him to stop. "What is it, Y/n?"

You show him the two lollipops in your other hand and offer him one. "Since you're my first friend, I want you to have this." You smile at him, he gives you a wider smile back. "Thanks! I like you already." And so, the two of you run along, and Ray leads you towards a group of other boys, they must be his friends. As the two of you reach them, Ray introduces you and announces that from today onwards, you'll be a part of their team. You're very happy and extremely excited, because it's your first time playing outside, and you already have a cool gang to hangout with. You're just a one lucky child.