Mikey Way - To shut up Those Bullies

A/N : I love Mikey Way so much :D ❤️️

High school is a lifetime moment; you only go through it once, yet it could also be hellish. There are jocks, the cheerleaders, nerds, etc. But to you, there are only three types of students - the bullies, the one being bullied, and the neutral. Lucky for you, you can label yourself as one of the neutrals coz you're not that outstanding to be noticed by everyone at school, but at the same time, not too weak to defend yourself whenever the others are being mean to you. So today, you're going to school just like any other normal day. Being 'neutral' is quite dull, nobody to mess around with coz everyone is not minding you at all. But there's this one guy, that caught your interest. Just because of this one incident that happened back few weeks ago, but you don't wanna think too much about it.

Throwback to that few weeks ago, you had been feeling like there's someone looking at you. But whenever your eyes scan your surroundings, nothing. Until that one day, you caught someone staring at you - a boy. He wears glasses, way too skinny, hair going down to cover a part of his eyes; definitely one of those who would get picked on. When he knew that you saw him staring, he quickly looked down and scramble away, giving you no chance to ask him if he needed something from you. And since that day, you are more aware of his presence and caught him staring at you again and again. Maybe he likes you? Nahh, that won't happen to someone as 'neutral' as you.

But sometimes, the thought of him comes to your mind. Is it a sign that you should start approach him? Make friends with him? Hmm, probably you're going to consider all that. So back to present, you are now walking along the hallway, trying to reach the first period a.s.a.p, just like the other students, everyone's in a hurry as to not be late to class. When you walk further, you see a group of bullies surrounding someone that looks familiar to you. You couldn't take your eyes off that group of people, and when you scan harder, it is actually that guy! Usually, you would not care a thing, but knowing that the guy who's always stealing glances of you is being bullied, you feel like you need to act immediately.

This is the first time ever you're about to do something like this, and it makes you nervous real hard. "Hey!" You shout loud enough for the bullies to hear, while you keep your feet on where you're standing, still a bit scared to move even an inch. All of them turn around, and a bit surprised to know it's you. Because they almost don't recognize you as a student from that school, since you're not that well-known. But still surprised because you finally stood out. Uh oh, it's bad for you. Especially now that the bullies notice you actually exist there. You might be their next target or victim later. You want to regret your action but guess it's too late already.

However, it's your lucky day today, but may not be the next day or the day after and so on. The bullies go away, leaving the poor guy alone, and not messing with you. You sigh silently to yourself. You thought you were about to get beaten up or something. The timid boy finally stands straight and lock eyes with you. But this time, you decide to smile at him. Afterall, you both do know each other from all the staring he used to give you before. And for the first time ever, you notice the small blush that creeps onto his cheeks. Now, what was all that about? But you shrug it off, and proceed walking to your class.

Few days have passed since the incident. So far, nothing bad happen to you. You're glad. Then one day, after school, when you're walking back home, you see that guy again. He's standing alone by a tree, eyes casting down and only look upwards once in a while. He looks so vulnerable like always that you almost pity him. Seems like he's waiting for someone. But again, that group of douchebags come to mess with him. You can see that the guy's scared already. One of them pass by and knock the books he's holding, making them scatter on the ground. Then another one pushes him, causing him to fall onto his knees, his glasses are thrown over. Then come another one, stepping on the glasses and now it's broken.