Chapter 30 - Reunion and Planning

Start from the beginning

"Good morning, Logan. How are things going on your end?"

"Fine, I guess," he replies with a raspy tone in his voice. Sylvester sighs in response as he tugs suit on while looking back at Logan. "It's what I have, Colonel Walker. What else do you know after some days here?"

"Well, there are many things I have to tell you today, and it will be vital to what you will do here with the UEF from here and out."

"I'm all ears, anyway..."

"First things first, and probably the most important sign for you. A recent conversation with Jack over there and...let's just say a complicated session, I believe that there is more to living beings that we could imagine."

Logan's eyes widen from the news Sylvester is bringing to him, even though it is not fully revealed yet in what it is. His friends follow suit in reacting to the news, with Jack in particular smiling for Sylvester is bringing in.

"What? Do you mean...?"

"Yes. The answer is right here." Sylvester steps sideways near one wall of the room, with Logan now seeing what Sylvester was hiding. And at that point, Logan's eyes gleam like never before, slightly raising his mouth open in reaction to the sight he is seeing. If one can hear closely, a gasp is heard from him.

It all felt like months since it happened...away from something that I...I held dear, all because of fear. All of this, I expected it to drag out for a while longer if it was necessary to disprove the "fears" of a living being outside Earth. And that I may try...to live on and move on as much as I could.

I felt it was necessary for the good times to come...but regardless of the amount of time, it's said that once they come...I can reach more to life than ever.

And now...it just did.

Despite having just met her for a few days...

Amira...welcome back...

Amira Dhorian, right in front of him. Giving a smile with a brightness equal to the most shining of the suns in the Universe. She approaches him as a tear falls down from his left eye. All while trying to keep his breathing in a normal state.

Jackson can only keep smiling. In fact, growing even bigger than it ever was. Lucy notices this as leans towards him.

"What's so funny? Oh...my...god." She then notices Amira as well, gasping from the sight of a newly recovered being like her. The others notice too, and they too cannot believe what they are seeing.

Amira gets near Logan, now placing her hand near his cheek where the tears are falling down. She sweeps them away as she leans closer to Logan while holding him on the other cheek as well.

"I'm back, Logan. I really am back." Logan embraces her with his arms wide open, letting her feel the warmth he held off for so long ever since she was locked, but freed thanks to the understanding of a common heart.

"Ami!" Tany yells as she rushes in to hug her too, followed by Malak, Eddie, Andrei, Seiner, Lucy and Jackson, as they all share their happiness in seeing her again.

"You look pretty nice today, my friend!" Malak says.

"Even while locked up, the beauty never perished and never will. That's a promise." Andrei quips.

"I've been livin' for over sixty-years in life but that is sure as hell a smile brighter than the ones I've seen in my whole damn life!" Eddie says.

And yet despite all the gushing and hugs she is getting from all of them, she still holds dearly to Logan's hands, all while his tears are still falling down yet he keeps up smiling.