Chapter 39: Like a Version Part 2

Italics = Interview
Regular= real time

//

I'm Noel Kardashian-West and this is my Like A Version."

"I chose Cyndy Laupers Who Let In the Rain because my grandfather used to play it all the time when we rode places. He had her greatest hits CD but that song in particular was the song he played the most. It still is till this day my favorite song ever."

"Fun fact, after I recorded the song for you guys she actually caught wind that I did it and asked for the video."

"She absolutely loved it by the way!" My mom cut in with a huge smile on her face.

"She asked could we do the song over but this time as a duet." I blushed. "Singing that cover was a dream and hearing back from her saying she loved it sent me over the moon."

"So if you haven't please go check that out. The video is in the description below." I smiled as my mom pulled me down to kiss my cheek obnoxiously.

"Noel, get dressed we're almost late!" Kim told her eldest as he lounged on the living room couch. "Hey Trevante!" She stopped behind the couch to greet her sons boyfriend. "Hey Mrs. KW! How are you?" He smiled at her.

"I'd be very good if this boy right here would hurry up and get dressed! And I told you to call me Kim!" She playfully scolded him. "I'm sorry, it's still weird." He chuckled. "Noel, I'll let you go just be sure to call me later." Trevante told him. "Always babe, I love you." He smiled softly. "And I love you." Trevante smiled before hanging up.

"You guys are good now?" Kim asked Noel as soon as she knew they were alone. "Yeah, for a few days now actually. He apologized so we talked it out." He shrugged. "Good, I don't like you not being happy." She kissed the top of her head.

"Now get up! Usually you're out the door before me to get to the studio!" She said heading back upstairs.

"Today me and my mom are hanging out at the studio," I explained as she smiled beside me. "I've been working on my EP very hard and I have two songs that I need to finish by my deadline. Also I was just called to feature on a song with ScHoolboy Q and one of my best friends Justine." I smiled. "She's flying in later to record her verse and attend Kendall's show on Friday."

"Also this is the first time I'm getting to hear Noel's work since he's been stingy with everyone." My mom cut in. "Yeah, sorry dad I was tricked!" I laughed as she swatted my arm playfully. "You're so not funny!" She laughed too.

"You told me I could trust you. Don't lie. I could really use it." I hummed to myself as I listened to the beat. Writing it down I tapped my pen against the notebook as I racked my brain for lyrics.

"I could use your loving, your trust."

I quietly stood up and headed into the booth placing my notebook on the stand. "Mom?" I called over the microphone. Her head popping up from her phone. "Can you press the record button?" I asked.

She moved into the producer chair as she also started the track over again. The red recording light clicking on.

"Noel's writing process is so cool to watch!" She smiled at me. "He'll mumble a phrase then all of a sudden he has a song ready to go out! Of course his dad loves that he cranks out songs so fast too." She giggled.

"Yeah he does." I chuckled. "I think he's slightly annoyed I'm dragging my feet with this one honestly." My mom nodding along. "I can see that but I think he knows you're a perfectionist at heart just like me." She said.

A deafening clap sounded throughout the studio startling me as I heard it through my headphones. Taking them off I saw my dad smiling brightly through the glass.

"Noel, that was amazing!" He told me with joy written all over his face. "Thanks pops." I nodded standing up from the chair inside the booth and coming out. "It's good to see you." He chuckled hugging me. He has been on tour for the last month and was only here for the Off-White show that was later today. Unfortunately I wouldn't be in attendance but my mom promised to take pictures of pieces she thought I would like.

"We missed having you around." I told him softly. "I visited Saint and North with your granddad before I came. They miss you." He smiled breaking out of our embrace. "I miss them too!" I smiled. "I'll be over as soon as we get home."

"I know, stay for a while yeah?" He asked. "Yeah, for sure dad."

"Anyway, finish this. I want to see the finished product." He sat back in the producer chair. "West productions!" I joked heading back into the booth.

//

"Yo." Trevante greeted me. I was still in the studio working on another song. My parents had left a few hours ago to go to the show.

"Hey Tre." I smiled softly. "Noey!" He laughed softly. His eyes unfocused as he held the phone. A dopey smile on his face.

"Babe are you high?" I chuckled. "Off of life!" He cheered, laughing at his own joke soon after. "You most of had a strong strand." I laughed with him.

"Strand? They don't have trees over here!" He giggled. I rose my eyebrow in confusion. "Are you serious right now?" I asked no longer laughing. "As a heartbreak! Is it heartbreak? Well that works anyway, Noey are you mad?" He rambled. Sighing I shook my head.

"Call me back later okay." I asked. My tone was annoyed but I knew deep down something was wrong for him to even think about taking another drug. "No! Noey don't go!" He whined. "Trevante you need to go sleep off whatever you just took." I sighed. "But Noel!" He whined again.

"No, Trevante I'll talk to you tomorrow when you can actually remember our conversation! Until then goodnight. I love you bubba." I told him sternly but not mad at all. "Okay." He sighed. "I love you too Noel, don't forget it!" He said making me smile as I rolled my eyes.

"I won't." I said hanging up.

//

"Do you want to talk about the situation with Trevante?" The producer asked. "Can we not?" I rubbed behind my neck.

"I like to keep things in my relationship private. I only used this footage in the final cut because I wanted to be open with what was going on in Paris. But talking about it after the fact, not so much." I explained.

"Um, me and Tre are good and we have talked about it so I don't think it needs to be revisited unless we bring it up."

"So, you're not open with everything then?" He asked. "I am, just not that subject. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that doesn't explain their relationship for everyone to see!" I held my calm tone.

"Okay stop!" Lovely interrupted. "He doesn't have to answer or talk about anything that he doesn't want too. I will pull him from this set if I have too." She glared.

The producer nodded with a sigh.

"Next clip!" He snapped in the air.