Chapter 36: Part 2: studio tingz

"I miss you so much babe." Trevante told me with his blinding smile over FaceTime. "I miss you just as much." I smiled turning down my soundboard. It was playing back my finished vocals.

"Did you just finish a song?" He asked. "Actually I did. Want to hear it?" I nodded. "Definitely!" He perked up. "My call time isn't until another hour so I have time to kill."

Smiling softly I played the song back setting my phone upright so I could gage his reaction.

His head nodded along as the song played. A smile etched across his face. "This is hot Noey!" He said over the ending chords. "Sounds like a Lauryn Hill song!" He added. I chuckled lightly agreeing. "I think we're going with a kinda 90's vibe. Or a chill vibe in general." I smiled.

"I'm glad you like it though baby." "I always like your music. Makes me wish I could sing." Tre said putting me on pause as he grabbed his phone from his stand.

"Noel I have to go but I'll call you back when I get to the apartment." His face flashed back on the screen. "Okay baby. Love always." I smiled. "And there always will be love." He smiled softly before hanging up.

"Why don't you just say I love you like regular people?" Vic asked from behind me. "Because we're not regular people." I laughed. "And I told you to stop coming in so quietly, I could have shot you!" I followed up punching his shoulder softly.

"Yeah right! You don't even carry a gun Noel!" He laughed sitting beside me at the soundboard. "Says you." I chuckled shaking my head.

"Besides your boyfriend hates me. I don't think he'd like that I showed up in the camera before he hung up." Vic shrugged with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at his comment. "He doesn't hate you. He just doesn't trust you which is valid." I explained for the thousandth time it felt like. "Same difference." He shrugged getting his laptop set up.

"Jay told me that my album is finishing up being mastered so for now we're working on your stuff. I just got a track from Bry that I think you might like." He searched for it on his laptop.

"Wings made the cut too. I forgot to tell you." He said. Smiling bright at him he only shook his head. "It's a good song, no way it wouldn't make the cut. But I hope lover boy approves." Vic said. "Okay first don't call him that and secondly he doesn't get into music things. He understands the art and that we work well together. He loves the two songs we did with Bry and he supports me through everything. Stop throwing shots at him he isn't like what you make him out to be." I said seriously.

"Then why are you trying to overcompensate for him?" Vic countered. "What? Vic lets not even do this right now." I shook my head, scoffing at his statement. "I see you. I know you. Remember that." He said quietly.

"Get in the booth." He motioned towards the room cuing up the track.

//

"Babies dying, children crying, Twelve steady lying, tryna get us indicted. Maybe there's heaven for us." I let the change of pace flow as I sung the lyrics.

"Hey stop it I wanna do that over. I'm too high." I said into the mic. Vic nodded running the track back as I ran over the lyrics in my head. I sung the lyrics again adding a few more lines as I went. Bobbing my head as the song finished I took the earphones from my ears.

"Can you send that to my email. I want my dad to hear it before it gets mastered." I asked Vic as I walked out of the booth. "For sure." He nodded. I grabbed my hoodie from my chair and packing my things.

"Where you headed?" Vic asked. "My moms, she wants me there for dinner with the family. Said my siblings miss me." I answered. "I need to ask you something." Vic said. "Ok, shoot." I stuffed my hands in my pockets.