Chapter 38: Like A Version Part 1

"I'm Noel Kardashian-West and you're watching Like a Version

"I'm Noel Kardashian-West and you're watching Like a Version." Noel smiled into the camera.

"Like A Version decided to follow me around while I was in Paris for fashion week. My schedule was super busy so they let me do everything while I was working so I guess you guys, the viewers, are coming along for the journey as well." Noel laughed softly and crossed his left leg over his right.

"So getting off the plane to Paris my Aunt Kendall was there. I was the first to arrive because my mom and other aunts had events so, my first day was with her."

"Noely!" Kendall hugged me around my neck. "Hey Ken doll." I laughed softly, holding her close. "I missed you so much. I feel like we haven't seen each other in forever." She smiled as she broke from our embrace. "It has been, you've been making moves though so I'm not too mad about it." I smiled softly.

"You get to see me walk in a show finally!" She slung her arm around my shoulders as we walked to our designated car. "I know you're gonna kill it too! My pictures are gonna be bomb." I said as I opened the door for her.

"So I have a question for you," she posed once we got settled in our car. She tapped the window to let the driver know we were ready to go to the hotel we were staying at.

"Okay." I relaxed looking at her pointedly. "The 17 album, the theme is death right? Well at least how you interpret death, right?" She asked carefully. I breathed through my nose calculating my words carefully. "Mostly yeah, that and pain." I nodded meeting her eyes. "During that time in my life I was in a very dark place which is translated through the music. I don't mean to alarm you but I wanted to literally die at that point in my life." I held her gaze as she looked deep in thought.

"I didn't mean to scare you and Kylie that day. I know I've apologized before but now that you've heard my work I want to again." "Noel, you don't have to. I understand, we understand. That's why we never told anyone. Me and Kylie literally scrubbed the bathroom floor so no one would find out. Carter had literally died a week before that, we knew that hurt you badly. We just wanted you to be okay no matter what." Kendall grabbed my hand and squeezing it tightly.

"We're here no matter what. We love you no matter what." She spoke quietly. "Thank you." I smiled with a nod.

"I have an unreleased album that I let some of my family members listen to recently." Noel exhaled through his nose. "It's titled 17 as that's the age where everything that could go wrong, did." Noel looked deep in thought.

"My best friend since middle school, Carter, killed himself because he feared ever coming out to his family because he feared he would be shunned beyond belief. But also because he couldn't bring himself to live in his truth." He spoke solemnly. "The irony is that he always had a smile on his face. He always had a joke to crack about something. From the outside looking in you would think he never had a bad day." Noel chuckled.

"My first suicide attempt was a week after he died." Noel clenched his jaw.

"Can we take five?" He cleared his throat after his voice cracked. The producer nodded as his mom immediately pulled up a chair to comfort him. He sniffled as she caressed his face. A tired smile gracing her face as she pulled him into her embrace. "It's okay." She told him as he nodded into her shoulder. "Sit with me?" He wiped under his eyes. "Of course." She pulled her chair to sit beside him. Asking for tissue silently.

"We can start again." Noel told the producer who gave him a thumbs up.

"Carter killed himself one day after school. He played basketball so I thought he was at practice but soon I found out he had skipped practice." He sighed. "I still blame myself and I know that's not healthy but it can't be helped to feel a little guilt because I couldn't help him in his time of need." He sniffled. Kim wiping his tears silently.

"Kendall and Kylie found me at my grandmothers house after they came home from school. I was in my personal shower." He ran his hand over his hair. "They covered everything up. Even the hospital visit because they cared so much about me and Carter."

"After that I've had two more suicide attempts but I won't speak on them since they're not important to this." He wiped a lone tear with a smile. "I'm in a good state of mind that I can speak clearly and know that I'm okay with every struggle I've had in my life." He smiled with a small sniffle.

"Making that album helped me get everything I was feeling out in the open despite me still being afraid to be myself. Which is why I now can talk about that point in my life and try to at least help others that felt the way me and Carter did."

"I probably will never release the album to the public though. It's just something that's close to my heart and very precious to me." He finished. "Although my mom will probably want to listen to it now." "That I do." She giggled. "I'll send it to you." He smiled.

Next on Like A Version

"Singing that cover was a dream and hearing back from her saying she loved it sent me over the moon."

"Noel I'm so sorry."

"Somethings happened!"