Chapter 2: Runaway

Noel was up the next morning fairly early considering he was up until 4 in the morning recording. He was up and moving by 10 AM surprising everyone in the house. He was usually not out of bed until 12 at the earliest.

"Dad!" Noel called over the intercom from his room. "Yeah No?" His dad answered. "I'm heading to Jaden's house. Do you guys need anything while I'm out?" He asked pulling on his plain black t-shirt. "Nothing I can think of, go have fun Noel." His dad answered with a chuckle.

Noel headed to the Smith house relatively in silence gathering his thoughts on the road. He pulled up to the gated community and was let in by typing in their number that Jaden sent him.

Jaden was standing outside with his shirt off and in pajama pants waiting on Noel as he pulled up.

Jaden Smith

Jaden Smith

"What's up man!" Jaden smiled as Noel opened his door. "Nothin much Jay. Why aren't you dressed yet?" Noel asked getting out of his car and dapping Jaden up. "Rents aren't pullin out till about 2 so I'm just chillin for right now. Want to hoop in the back?" He asked. "Sure." Noel locked his car and followed behind Jaden to the Smith's basketball court. I pulled off my shirt as well as my tank top before checking him the ball.

"You don't look like a baller bro." Jaden laughed as he threw up a shot that didn't go in. Noel laughed as he got the rebound. "Oh yeah?" He shot a bank shot and watching it go in. "I can show you better than I can tell you." Noel smiled wide.

//

"Noely!" Willow squealed as I walked in the house after Jaden. "Wow I never get that response." Jaden crossed his arms. "I see you everyday dude!" She mushed his head. "Long time no see Willy." I smiled not pulling her into a hug because I was sweating. "What have you been up to?" She asked sitting on their counter. "Just in the studio, nothing major." I shrugged. "You?" I nodded towards her. "Same. Doing a few festivals too. Maybe you can come through." She said. "Definitely just hit me with the info." I smiled.

"Is that Noel West I hear?" Jada, Jaden and Willow's mom entered the kitchen. "You guys never greet me like this when I come home!" Jaden threw up his hands. "Hush boy." She brushed her son off. "Hey Mrs. Smith." I smiled as she pulled me into a hug. "I love you Noel, but you stink go take a shower." She covered her nose after she let go. I chuckled. "Yes ma'm." "Jaden go show him where the shower is and you take one too both of y'all smell like ape ass!" "Ma!" Jaden whined. "Go take a shower boy!" She pointed to the stairs.

"You can just take a shower before me in my room. You might have to wear shorts though because you're taller than me." He joked. I shrugged silently letting him do what he wanted. I followed him into the bathroom as he showed me where everything was.

I sat on the counter as he pointed to various things, I found myself zoning out halfway through looking around on my own. "Yo!" Jaden snapped his fingers in my face. "Yeah." My attention snapped back to him. "You good?" He smiled. "Yeah. Just checked out a little." I smiled softly fighting myself on the inside not to blush. "Anyway. I'll put the shorts on the counter so you won't have to look for them." He informed me. I nodded and went over to the shower to start it. "I'll be in my room." He said and closed the door.

I sighed as I waited in the water to warm up getting out of my clothes. I had to get my act together and act normal around him. If it hasn't already been showing I have a crush on a Smith child and it isn't Willow. Ever since I was a kid I found myself more interested in boys rather than any girl that pushed up on me. Girls weren't as intriguing to me as my past flings with boys. Thing is nobody knows. Except Jaden. And the boys I've hooked up with. We've always flirted through the years and we drunkenly kissed about 2 months ago. Well he was drunk I wasn't so I never mentioned it to him since he didn't seem to remember anything.

Because of that though my feelings were fading, obviously the feelings weren't there for him. There was no reason for me to keep hope alive when he didn't reciprocate I would just get more hurt than I already was hurting myself.

I got in and stood under the water to further relax. Having Jaden around me these last two days straight have had my hormones through the roof more than ever and playing basketball with him didn't help. I found myself staring at him without him noticing. I started washing my body so I could hurry up and get out of the shower.

//

"So do you do rollercoasters or just kiddy rides?" Jaden turned down his radio as the were on the way to Anaheim. "I only do rollercoasters if there aren't any big drops. My stomach can't take it." I joked. "So no you don't do rollercoasters." Jaden laughed infectiously. "Yeah I don't do rollercoasters." I laughed with him.

"That's fine we can walk around and get on less intense rides. I don't mind honestly Willow and my dad are the ones that like rollercoasters." He smiled. "Thank you Jay." I smiled back at him before turning my focus back to the scenery.

"Noel." Jaden called my name a few minutes after a brief silence. "Yeah." I gave him my attention. "I need to tell you something." He sighed. "Ok. Is it something bad?" I asked. "Nah. It's just something I've been sittin on for the longest." He answered. I nodded and avoided his eyes. "When we went to that club two months ago with Flacko, Kendall and Tyler I, I wasn't as drunk as you thought." He confessed.

"So the kiss..." I trailed for him to finished. "I remember it. I just didn't know how to bring it up." I kept quiet not knowing exactly what to say to his confession. "And now I just made things awkward." He shook his head stating it more to himself than to me.

"You didn't. Well you did but thanks for telling me I guess." I said softly. "What does this mean though? Why are you all of a sudden mentioning something after two months?" I rose my eyebrow at him. "I don't know. I just saw something in you yesterday that honestly made me want to come clean. I really like you Noel. I just want you to know that."

I nodded. "I have to sit on this honestly Jay. Don't get me wrong I wanted to kiss you and I like you too." "But?" He interrupted. "But I'm not out like you are. I'm not open with my life like my family is. My parents and family don't even know I'm gay so if I just pop with a boyfriend without even telling them it'll hurt their feelings. I just need to think before I hop into something. On top of that we don't know if we're really compatible with each other." I explained.

"So what's first?" He asked. "Well first we enjoy our day and we'll talk later about this." I smiled. He nodded smiling back at me before paying back attention to the road.

//