Chapter 19: Sometimes

Noel Kardashian-West

"Where are you?" Trevante asked me. It was a few days after they had went to the mall. "I'm heading to the studio. Why?" I smiled knowing he asked for a reason. "I wanted to see if you wanted to go to lunch. I have a break in between interviews." Tre smiled back at me.

"Now? I could meet you on set and I can ride with you." I offered. "That would be nice." His pearly white teeth shining through the screen. "It's a plan then. Send me your location." Noel told him. "Will do. See you when you get here baby boy." He smiled before they hung up.

Heading towards the location he sent me I was getting a call from my dad. "Hello?" I answered from the bluetooth. "No, have you thought anymore about your EP?" He asked. To be completely honest I had forgotten that they were even planning to drop an EP. "Dad can we scrap that idea and just let me do an album. Give me two months, I promise." I asked.

"Push really wants something out for you No." He breathed heavily. "I'm going to the studio after I grab lunch. We can knock out a song and turn it in tomorrow." I offered. He sighed. "When you get to the studio send me the location. No goofing off!" He told me. "Got it dad." I smiled to myself and hanging up.

As I made it to the studio where Trevante was he stood outside of his car with a broad smile as I pulled up.

Trevante Rhodes

Trevante Rhodes

"Hey baby boy!" He embraced me as soon as I walked up to him. "Hey Tre." I kissed his cheek and relaxed against him.

"Ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah, where are we headed?" I asked breaking out of the embrace and heading to his passenger side. "I know an Italian restaurant a few streets down. Kind of discreet and secluded." He answered shutting his door and starting his car.

"How've you been Noey?" He asked as if we don't talk everyday. "I've been good, I finally get to work again so I'm happy about that. And seeing you isn't too bad either." I smiled brightly. "And you? Gearing up for award shows must be time consuming." I followed up. "Eh, my team usually is doing everything I just show up." He smiled. "Which reminds me, I have a show next Thursday I was wondering if you wanted to come with me." He asked.

"Which one? Not that it matters because I'll go with you anyway." I smiled. "The DGA Awards. I'm a bit nervous because I'm nominated for one." He told me. "Aww!" I cooed. "Of course I'll go with you. I'll have to tell Lovely to get me a suit." I smiled. "Thank you." He smiled gratefully.

//

"So your single could be out tomorrow is what you're saying?" Tre asked as we ate. The service was very good at the restaurant Tre took us too. They respected our privacy and had overall good customer service. I'd have to take my mom and aunts here one day.

"If uploaded it to SoundCloud then yes but they would have to clear everything before it's dropped so in two weeks at the earliest." I told him. "What's this song gonna be about?" He asked. I shrugged honestly at his question. "I'm not really in a mood so I guess whatever flows. I'm in a singing mood today though." I smiled eating some of my pasta.

"I think it's cool that you can write songs off the top of your head and they're certified hits. Even if you don't think so." He smiled at me. "Because they're not, I haven't released music except on SoundCloud." I laughed softly. "You're gonna be big Noel. Believe me, I just want to be there to experience the ride." He told me genuinely.

"Thanks, but before we talk about my impending stardom let's talk you're already fast life. Word on the street is you got another movie." I smiled. "You mean People Magazine." He laughed softly.

"I wanted to wait to tell you because production doesn't start until after my other movie. But yeah I got a part in a Burning Sands. It's like a frat boy coming of age movie." He whispered the last part just in case anyone heard. "Omg I love those movies!" I smiled causing him to playfully roll his eyes. "Of course you do Noey."

"You're right, I only like movies where the men are attractive. If not I'm not interested." I shrugged with a smirk. "Nice, I see what you did there." He matched my smirk. "Who said I was talking about you?" I rose my eyebrow. A few seconds later I burst with laughter at his confused face. "Eat so you're on time. You can flirt later." He told me with a nudge of his foot. "If you wanted to play footsie with me all you had to do was ask." I joked but ate anyway.

//

"I'll miss you." I kissed Trevante's cheek as we stood in front of his car. "I'll miss you too Noey. Call me when you're finished?" He asked. "Definitely, go finish so you can." I ran my hand over my hair. "Kiss?" He asked. I looked around before bringing him into a soft kiss.

"Be safe. Yeah?" He asked pecking my lips again. "Always." I kissed him again thoroughly before letting him go. I watched him enter his building before unlocking and getting into my car.

The trip to the studio wasn't that long, only taking me twenty minutes to get there. Sending my dad the location I entered the building and signing in before heading up to the actual studio.

Setting up my things I opened the file my dad sent me through my email. It had a smooth R&B sound that I liked about it with a hard bass.

"No." Kanye entered not to long after I started writing lyrics. "Hey dad." I smiled seeing my mom and my aunt Khloe enter behind him. I stood hugging them all. "We're here till 2 then we're headed to Drake's session." He told me.

I nodded sitting on top of the divider in the middle of the studio. "I have some ideas. I feel like I know my direction." I told him as he cued the instrumental as he nodded his head along.

"On this riff right here." I hopped down and clicked back to the riff I was speaking of. "What the hell am I supposed to do, when everything seems like it ain't right." I sung as he smiled writing it down. "Go in I need to record that." He told me playing it back from the top. I entered the booth sitting as the room was simply lit just like I liked. I could see inside but only my outline was visible in the booth.

"I'm tired of worrying about all this bullshit, I just want chill in the daylight." I hummed to myself writing it down. "Ready?" Kanye asked. I nodded smiling softly as he cued me in.

//