Chapter 32: showtime

"Are you guys still having fun?" I said into my mic, pointing the mic to the crowd after. The screams were resounding as I smiled. "Good. I have a special guest that I brought along. He's like an uncle to me but also one of my best friends." I smiled as I spoke of him.

"Drop it!" I motioned to my dad as Kid Cudi ran out from the side engulfing me into a hug as his song Pursuit of Happiness played through the speakers.

I smiled as he performed dancing and interacting with fans as I too recited his lyrics with him.

As he finished his song he came over to hug me. Smiling wide I felt him lift me off my feet. "I'm so proud of you." He said setting me down. "Thank you." The smile never leaving my face.

"Wait right here. I have a surprise." I smiled as I turned back toward screaming fans. "So I've known Cudi for most of my life but I want to perform a song that we made together when I was 15 years old. Now this will be the last song but I need you guys to sing along with us. So if you know this song, if you been rocking with me for that long I need you to scream this at the top of your lungs!" I smiled as I grabbed my mic stand.

"Let's go!" I said as the track started. Cudi smiled at me too as the track played. "We good?" He asked. "We're good!" I nodded. "Good. This is dedicated to all the fucked up kids like me!" He began the song.

//

"So before I start this encore, I want to thank everyone that made this possible." I smiled as the crowd was less rowdy. "First and foremost, I would like to thank my dad who worked with me in the studio without complaints and he always brought good vibes even when he wasn't in the best mood. I tell him this all the time but I really appreciate him for being with me on this journey. I wouldn't pick anyone else truthfully." I smiled at him as he bowed in recognition. "I love you son." He said over the mic with a smile.

"Mom, thank you for being my number one supporter. Without you I would be nothing, quite literally." I laughed softly.

"To my aunts I want to thank you guys for having my back through everything and always being my shoulder to cry on whenever I need it. Thank you tenfold!" I smiled. "Justine, Hailey and Trevante. Individually you guys have helped me come into my own whether it be studio time or FaceTime calls I will forever be grateful for your friendships." I chuckled.

"I want to thank my grandmother for being the backbone of this whole thing and one of my best friends. She really made all of this come to life. Lovely I love you forever." I looked to the side of the stage where she stood. She blew me a kiss with a smile across her lips.

"And finally my band, thank you exponentially! This is the first of many shows, thanks for rocking with me and my micro-managing. None of this would've happened without you guys." My smile never leaving my face.

"So this last song is called waves but I have instructions." They cheered as I fixed my mic stand.

"So when I say "don't stop!" I need y'all to say "I want to ride that wave!"" I instructed. "And when I say "all night!" You guys go, "I wanna ride that wave!"" I told them in a different octave. "Okay let's try it out." I laughed softly.