Chapter 13: Hold Your Hand

"Can you guys excuse us for a second? We need to talk to him privately

"Can you guys excuse us for a second? We need to talk to him privately." My grandmother told the camera crews. She was over the day after to set up the therapy session for later. The crew silently packed up and left the room.

I sat at our counter with my arms crossed staring at both my mom and grandmother. "So how have you been Noel?" Lovely asked me. I shook my head. "Fine I guess." I spoke softly. She nodded. "So are we pressing charges on him?" She pushed. I shook my head again sighing. "It is what it is." My grandmother looked at my mom for an explanation on my behavior. "Are we done?" I asked uninterested in the conversation and effectively interrupting their silent conversation.

"Noel! Don't be rude!" My mom spoke up. "Mom why do I have to do this? Seriously explain to me why we're doing this!" I spoke back in defiance. "Because you feel the need to lie to me about every little thing. How am I supposed to trust you!" She rose her voice. "You just do mom!" I yelled but I clenched my jaw to calm myself down. I hated yelling at anyone but especially my mom.

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry." I ran my hand down my face. "Just set up the appointment, I don't care. Now can I go?" I grabbed my keys from the bowl not even waiting for her to answer and heading anywhere but there.

//

"Hey asshole!" Kendall greeted me as the FaceTime call connected. I rolled my eyes at her. "Where are you right now? Kim is like freaking out!" She asked. "I don't even know honestly. I'll send you the location if you want to meet me. But if not I'll just be here till I calm down." I said.

"Calm down from what? Did you guys fight?" She asked. I shook my head and chuckled. "Not really a fight just a disagreement." I said matter of fact. "It's whatever though. I'll apologize when I get home." I moved to get more comfortable in my car. "So you coming or not Kenny?" I asked. "I'll be there in like 2 hours. If your location changes I'll just check." She rolled over in her bed. "I'll be here. Love you Kenny." I hung up and immediately called Trevante.

"Baby boy!" He smiled. "Your face is healing I see." He smiled. I smiled back at him. "I'm going to screenshot you." He said. I shrugged my shoulders and waited for him to screenshot the photo.

"What are you doing right now?" I asked him

"What are you doing right now?" I asked him. "Nothing I wanted to plan our date for Saturday so I was just going to do that today." He answered. "Why don't we plan it together?" I asked. "Okay. What do you have in mind?" He asked. "I meant in person." I chuckled.

"So you want me to meet you to set up a date that's supposed to be a secret anyway." He asked. The smile he had on his lips never left his face. "Uh...Yeah." I smiled. "Alright. Where are you right now?" He asked. "I'll send you my location and don't drive I have my car." I told him. "Okay. I'll see you there Noey." He smiled and hung up the phone.

//

"Mr. West!" Trevante opened my car door and got in excitedly. "What's up!" I smiled. He closed the car door and put on his seatbelt. "Where we headed?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Just riding." I started my car. He put his hand on top of mine making me look at him. "Wh-" Before I could get it out his lips were on mine. Smiling into the kiss I caressed his face pulling him closer.

"What was that for?" I whispered after he broke the kiss. "Nothing. I just missed you." He kissed my cheek and sat back in his seat. I smiled softly pulling out of the secluded area and driving aimlessly.

"So what ideas do you have?" I asked after a beat of silence. "I don't know, I was thinking Disneyland. Nothing too serious but nothing like just sitting at home." He explained. "Can I be honest?" I asked. "Only thing I want you to be." Trevante nodded.

"I went to Disneyland with Jaden right before I came to New York for fashion week. So it's not the best place for me." I said. He nodded deep in thought. "Am I anything like Jaden?" He asked. I shook my head. "Nothing like him." I answered. "So why would you think we would have the same experience together?" He followed up.

"You didn't have to get all preachy on me." I joked pushing his shoulder playfully. He shrugged with a smile. "I'm just telling you." He nudged me with his elbow.

"You're with me right now so we're not gonna focus on that. But when I see him he will be handled." Trevante told me. I chuckled. "Easy there tiger. I need you to make it to the Oscars." I reached for his hand. He intertwined our fingers smiling softly at my gesture.

"He hurt you." He said softly looking at my side profile. "I know but I'm over it though. There isn't any love there and we don't have to worry about it anymore." I told him. "Okay. I guess." He sighed.

"Anyway. Disneyland?" He asked. "Yeah. What time should I be ready?" I asked. "12 give or take." He answered. "I also have to discuss some things with you so I'm glad we're together right now." He started another subject.

"Okay shoot." I nodded paying attention to the road. "I got booked for a movie." He smiled. "Congratulations!" I smiled wide at him. "That's the good news. The bad news is after the Oscars I have to head to Afghanistan for filming." He told me. The car fell silent at his confession.

"Let me pull into a parking space so we can actually focus." I said softly. As I said this there was an open parking space along the road that I slipped into.

"What kind of movie is it? What's the name?" I asked facing him. "It's called 12 Strong. It's an after 9/11 war film. I play Milo well that's his last name and we have to film majority of the scenes in Afghanistan to make it real." He explained. I propped my head on my hand looking at him.

"Okay." I nodded. "Okay?" He rose his eyebrow. "Yeah, this is your job. I can't stop you from doing anything especially if you're excited about it. We'll just have to work hard to keep this strong." I reassured him. "And plus you said after the Oscars we have two months to ourselves." I smiled softly.

"Okay." He matched my smile. "Okay." I squeezed his hand. "Kiss?" He asked sweetly. I laughed pulling him into a kiss by his neck. He bit my lip softly and pulling back, slipping his tongue into my mouth. I battled him for dominance but he won in the end as I needed air.

"Seriously where are we headed?" Tre laughed softly sitting back in his seat and intertwining our hands again. I shrugged. "I seriously don't know. I just wanted an excuse to see you." I blushed. "Aww. Noely missed me." He pinched my cheek playfully to which I nodded.

"How about we go to a party my friend is throwing tonight? You can invite anyone you want." He looked hopeful. "I'll see if Kendall and her friends want to come." I nodded. "Sweet! Drop me back at my house and I'll pick you up around 9. We can eat before we go." He cheesed for the millionth time today. "Sounds like a plan." Finishing our conversation with a kiss.

//