Chapter 43: GONE, GONE, GONE

"Noely!" Saint ran into my legs as soon as he saw me enter the kitchen. My mom smiling as she lifted North from her seat to excitedly greet me too. I picked both of my siblings up, kissing their cheeks as I walked over to the kitchen table they were previously at.

"Hi my munchkins." I cheesed hard as Saint returned my kisses. North clinging onto me for dear life, her face buried in my neck.

"Hi Noely!" Saint cheered as I chuckled. "And how have you been bubba?" I asked him. "Good! Mommy told us you were coming, I made you cookies!" He told me excitedly. "You did? Well thank you Sainty! I appreciate it!" I smiled at my mini me. Saint laying his head against my cheek as he was satisfied.

"And my little princess how have you been?" I asked North. She looked up at me, turning her face further into my neck. I gave my mom a questioning look. She shrugged taking Saint from my arms.

"Why don't we go get your drawings for Noely from upstairs? I'm sure he would love to see them!" My mom distracted him from protesting being away from me. "Wait here Noely!" He said, his smile never leaving his face.

As they exited the kitchen I sat placing North in my lap.

"What's up Norey?" I rose my eyebrow. "You're leaving." She answered shortly. I chuckled taken by surprise at her bluntness. "What? Who told you that?" I asked.

"I heard you say it to Jussy." She told me softly. "You told me you would tell me when you have to leave but you didn't. You lied." She sniffled. I choked up at her soft tone.

I pulled her into a hug letting my tears drop as she hugged me back. "It's okay that you're sad Noely, I get sad too." She whispered. Her saying that made me cry more. I hugged her tighter to my body wiping my tears rapidly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I did promise you I would and I'm sorry babygirl." I kissed the side of her head as we rocked together. "It's okay." She sniffled. "Where are you going?" She asked wiping stray tears from my face. "I'm going to Japan first." I smiled. "Maybe Mommy will take you to come visit me one day. I won't be gone too long though. Just enough for me to get better." I told her.

"Okay, can I call you when you get there?" She asked. "Better yet, I'll call you. Then after that you can call me whenever you want to. I'll always answer." I smiled. She nodded kissing my cheek. "I love you." She whispered burying her face back into my neck. "I love you too Norey. So much." I rocked her from side to side.

She slumped against my shoulder once sleep took over her. I placed soft kisses against her head as I continued to rock her.

"She's been grouchy since Monday about it. Apparently she heard your whole conversation with Justine." My mom popped back in with Saint. Letting him show me his pictures.

"If I would've known we would've waited to have that conversation. I was waiting to tell them tonight." I sniffled as I smiled at Saints attempt of drawing a family portrait. A series of lines and circles on the paper as he pointed out the members of our family.

"She only just told me what was wrong yesterday. She's very observant, gets that from you." She ran her hand over Norths hair. "Yeah," I squeaked out as I wiped a stray tear. Looking down at my little sister as she slept peacefully. "Hey," My mom deterred my attention from her.

"You have to do this for you. She'll understand and she'll be okay. I promise." She smiled softly. I nodded placing a sound kiss on her head.

//

"Time to get up!" My moms voice woke me up as the light she switched on fully woke me up. "You have three hours until your flight." She told me. I yawned as I pulled my legs over to the side of the bed.