Chapter 3: Tek Time

After our Disney Land trip Jaden and I texted and FaceTimed every chance we got. I'm in New York while he's still in the studio in California finishing up his album.

My dad decided that the boys would to go to the Versace show while my mom took North with her and do some networking with her make-up line. I went with something laid back to wear to not draw attention to myself. My dad actually influenced the all denim fit I had on after he did the same at the Met Gala last year.

I carried Saint as we made our way to our seats

I carried Saint as we made our way to our seats. My dad was networking while I entertained Saint. "Want to watch cartoons Saint?" I asked him quietly. I wasn't the type of person to go and talk to people so hanging with my brother was ideal for me.

I pulled out my phone and gave him one earphone as I pulled up his favorite cartoon Spongebob Squarepants.  I put the other in my ear to hear with him as we waited for the show to start.

"He yours?" A voice startled me out of my concentration on the cartoon. I looked up and saw a dark skinned man looking at the screen before meeting my eyes.

"Sorry that was rude

"Sorry that was rude." He apologized with a smile. "No you're good. He's my little brother, my dads networking so I'm just keeping him entertained." I explained. He nodded sitting back in his chair. "Trevante." He stuck his hand out. "Noel." I smiled softly shaking his hand firmly.

"As in West?" He rose his eyebrow as he let my hand go. "Precisely. And this is Saint." I touched the top of Saints head who was paying neither of us any attention. He nodded. "Must be his favorite cartoon he hasn't looked away yet." Trevante chuckled looking at Saint. "Both of ours, we watch it nonstop." I answered.

As we continued our conversation the room started to fill and soon enough cameras started to flash. They didn't get too close but I knew they were only focused on us to get pictures of Saint. My mom shielded Saint more from the public than with me and North. Mainly because she saw how the cameras affected us and didn't want the same for him.

"No!" Saint patted my face to get my attention. "Yeah bubba?" I rose my eyebrow. "Up!" He stretched his arms up. He didn't like the flash already. I nodded cuddling him into me as he hid his face in my neck. "It's ok bubba." I kissed his forehead and rubbed circles into his back. I kept the headphones in his ear but played music he liked, the room was getting loud as the show was about to start.