Chapter 20: Celebration

A month later...

"Everybody we have Noel Kardashian-West in the building!" DJ Envy introduced me as they were on air as of now. Lovely sat outside in the green room as I did the interview.

My singles weleased today so I was on a huge press run in New York before heading back to LA for my release party that my mom had set up.

"What's up! Good to be here!" I smiled. "We haven't seen you since the last time your step-dad was here like a few years ago right?" Angela asked me. "Well I saw Charlemagne at the VMA's last year, but yeah I haven't been to the show since he was here." I answered. "So what's been up with you? You're lowkey on all social media the only time we see post is when you post business pictures or responding to your aunts." She asked.

"Nothing really just making music and dipping into the fashion world. I don't really know which one I want to do more so why not do both." I shrugged. "As far as social media goes I don't really like it, people take it way too serious so I just stick to it strictly being business pictures. I do have a Snapchat that's more personal but it's not public." I unzipped my jacket getting comfortable.

"It's funny that you say that because we're seeing now more than ever that people get their music out there through social meadia Even your family is big on social media, that doesn't affect you at all?" Charlemagne asked. "No, not at all actually. I release my links onto twitter or Instagram but even then sometimes that's my team that does that. I like to live under the radar about things, sometimes this life with cameras in your face twenty-four seven is frightening. My family knows that as well and have no problem with it." I answered.

"But you do know your family is only famous because of online antics?" He prodded. I squinted my eyes at his question but chuckled softly. "Of course I'm not naive to the social media world. I just don't fuck with it, that's just me personally." I shrugged. "So speaking of music links you just dropped some songs today right?" DJ Envy asked moving the conversation along.

"Yeah I released two singles today. One is called Sometimes and the other is named Losing." I smiled. "So explain the songs because I'm hearing great reviews on them already and they just dropped a few hours ago." Angela said.

"Sometimes is about my temper honestly. The first line says sometimes I really lose my patience and then it goes everything is sour, it's my darkest hour." I started. "When I get mad my whole mood is killed. If one thing isn't going right then everything else is going wrong too. If you want to put it in simpler terms I'm whining about my feelings on a track." I joked causing Charlemagne to laugh as well.

"The one Losing. It seems more personal, anyone that we know?" He asked. "Oh so clever Charlemagne." I laughed softly. "It is actually but I won't reveal who it is exactly." I smiled. "I'll just say I was going through a bad break-up well let me not say break-up because we weren't together to begin with." "So a situationship?" He asked. "You could say that but deeper than that. In essence we just weren't working and that was like the stamp on how I truly felt." I answered. "Me and Trevante were at the studio talking about it the situation and that was the product of our conversation that day and now boom you're hearing it too." I explained further.

"As in Trevante Rhodes?" Angela asked. "Precisely." I grinned at the mention of his name but not to make it obvious. "You two got into an accident not to long ago right?" She asked. "Yeah we were coming from a house party on a dark road and a car almost hit us head on but he swerved out of the way but we still got hit and the car flipped. I was in the hospital for about three days and he tweaked his arm but we're okay." I remembered not wanting to spill more details than necessary. "That must of been scary for all of you." She shot me a sympathetic look. "Yeah and my aunt Kylie was in the car behind us so she kept us awake until the paramedics got there but everything was so chaotic that I barely remember anything past the actual accident." I was edging on wanting to move the conversation and I think she noticed it because she cleared her throat.