Feeding My Curiosity

Start from the beginning

"You threatened to kill him," I remind my boyfriend.

"I did not," P'Arthit barks, "I said we would make sure he would never see him again. How does that equal to I will kill you?"

I shake my head, "You didn't see how you guys looked at him when you said that. You know that saying 'If looks could kill.'" I ask, and he nods. "Kammon would be dead right now. Several times over. All of you had that look."

"Whatever," P'Arthit shoves me and begins walking again, "Don't blame me when we find out something bad."

I stare at my boyfriend's back as he walks away from me. Maybe I should tell him? No. Maybe P'Bright can get him to talk about it if they are still together. I wonder if they are.

Kammon's POV

"Why aren't you answering your phone?" Maprang sits down next to me.

"How did you find me?" I ask.

"Wasn't hard, Kam," Maprang laughs, "You are sitting in front of my faculty.

"Oh," I reply.

"Oh?" Maprang repeats, "Are you ok?"

"Shouldn't you be with your little geek?" I question. I just want to be alone. Please? I think that, but don't say it out loud.

"Where is your senior idiot?" Maprang leans in, asking only to be moved away from me by Oak.

"And you say he has personal space issues," Oak grumbles as he sits down in between us. "And her little geek is right here."

I smile at that. I am glad at least someone is happy today.

Oak looks at me and looks back at Maprang, "You really don't look like each other."

"Stop it," Maprang punches him, and I shake my head. Why anyone would like my cousin is beyond me. She is mean.

"Where is P'Bright? You went after him. Did you catch up to him? Did you guys settle things?" she asks.

"I need some time."

"Yep," I sigh.

"Huh?" Oak asks, "Yes, to what?"

"I caught up to him," I sigh. I should have faced my other demon instead of facing P'Bright. Maybe if I had given him time to digest this, he wouldn't have asked for time. Why do I always push people?

"Did it not go well?" Oak looks at me with a note of concern in his voice. This guy wanted to punch me a couple of hours ago, and now he is worried. How weird?

"Nope," I say, looking up when I feel my eyes start to tear.

"What did he say?" Maprang stands up and walks in front of me, pulling my chin down so she can look at me. "Aw, why?"

"I pushed," I sob, and Maprang steps forward, hugging me.

"He broke up with you?" Oak demands, and I shake my head no. "Then what?"

"He said he needed time," I mumble into Maprang's shoulder.

"That is fvck..." Oak begins but stops when Maprang slaps his head. I chuckle. I wonder if Oak will survive dating my cousin. "That hurt, Maprang! Why did you hit me?"

"You were going to say something stupid," Maprang huffs, "That's why!"

"That belongs to me."

My head snaps up at the voice. P'Bright. Maprang lets go and turns around.

"P'Bright," Maprang breathes before she walks over and punches him in the arm. "You made my cousin cry!" P'Bright catches her hands before she can hit him again.