30. House of Commons

Start from the beginning

Everybody nods and Mr. Min leans forward, intent. I look at him for approval to continue and he nods, gesturing for me to talk.

"All you have done is wait him out and hope he surfaces-"

"Not necessarily. We knew where he was staying. We just couldn't get close enough to him. He stayed within his comfort zone. He didn't usually stray from Seoul without heavy guards and connections." Mr. Min explains.

"Either way, it took years to get face-to-face with him. Why? Because we all just waited for him to make a mistake or slip up. Be desperate enough to leave his hiding. What if we make him desperate? We make him play our game."

"He knows you're with Mr. Min now," Hoseok says. "He won't be so eager to come. We know what he wants, but we don't know how bad he really wants you."

"That's not necessarily true," Yoongi says, rubbing his thumb along his chin. "We know he wants Y/N, but we still don't know what he wants her for. But to answer your question, I'd say he wants her real bad. Bad enough to hunt her for 11 years. That's pretty damn desperate. Like I said though, we don't know what he needs from her."

"Then consider this an educational piece of it." I shrug. "The more we know, the closer we get to him."

"How do we find him then?" Taehyung asks in a scratchy voice, adjusting himself in his chair. "We can't attract any unwanted attention from unwanted people. Other gangs, feds. It would only be bad news for us. Make our jobs harder."

"Carefully." I reply. "Trust me, I have no intention on getting any other dangers involved. We find Intel from others. Go to Seoul if we have any leads and if it's necessary. It won't be long before he surfaces if I'm out and about. Even if he doesn't show up on his own, we'll find him through our information that we uncover during our operations, missions if you will."

Mr. Min has a certain smile played on his lips that I recognize oh-so-well from Yoongi and his own expressions. He's pleased. Satisfied. Proud. I direct my eyes to him.

"You said you wanted assigned jobs for the boys? To help things run smoother? This is how you do it."

I lean back without even realizing that I was shifted forward in the first place.

"Y/N..." Jimin says in nearly a whisper. "Do you even understand how much of a risk you would be putting yourself in by putting yourself out in the open like that? Hell, even thinking about going to Seoul is reckless."

"I am thinking about that." I say, fiddling with my fingers. "Jimin, Yoongi said it himself. I've been running for 11 years. I'm done. I'm tired of running. I'm tired of being a sitting duck. We have to take initiative now while he's weak. If he hasn't even been seen in Seoul yet, then we have an advantage. We need to do something about it."

Jimin's concerned expression doesn't change.

"I could get killed. I'm aware of that. The way I see it is I live, I die or I survive. I've been surviving for 11 out of the 21 years I've been alive. Whether it's running or hiding. I want to live, thrive. If I die, I'm going down living, going down with a fight."

The room falls silent for a solid minute or two, the others thinking.

"I like it." Yoongi says, clapping his hands once and sitting up straight. "It's better than sitting around and waiting for Hyunsoo to rebuild his gang, bigger and stronger, and come up with new plans to kill us. I think it's worth a shot."

"So do I." Hoseok adds. "It'd be a good way to keep track of things easier and quicker."

Jungkook and Jin nod, agreeing with the red-haired member.