Chapter 71

Trey's family was so down to earth and funny. They cracked jokes on each other but you could most definitely feel the love.

Shae laughed through funny stories of their youth, was flabbergasted at some of their tales of terrible dates, and oohed over photos of Trey and his little brother Forrest as children.

She stifled a yawn as it was well past one in the morning, she'd had good food, and two drinks. Her eyes closed for a fraction of a second and popped back open when she felt an arm behind her.

"Hey baby," Trey said as he leaned over and kissed her temple.

"You ready to get out of here?"

Shae nodded sleepily.

"Come on, let's say our goodbyes."

She had no idea that saying goodbye would take another thirty minutes, but the family just wanted as much time with Trey as they could get.

"We will be back in the morning y'all, now let me get my baby to the house to get her beauty sleep."

After several hugs from members Trey's family whose names she couldn't remember, Shae was finally being led to the car with her hand tucked firmly into Trey's. He held her close and shortly after she was fast asleep.

***

"We're here," she heard Trey say.

Shae sat up straight and blinked a few times before exiting the car. It had gotten considerably colder so they hustled inside and into a beautifully decorated home with a two-story living room. The large windows overlooked what she thought was a body of water, but it was so dark outside that she couldn't tell.

"Where are we?"

"My mom's house."

Shae's mouth fell open and her eyebrow's rose.

"Shit."

Trey chuckled as he led her through the home into a separate wing.

"She lives here by herself?"

"Nah, this is where I stay when I'm in town. Plus my Grumma, Aunties and cousins are always around. I'm sure she's hardly ever here alone for too long."

"Well it's stunning."

"Yeah? Just wait until you see it in the morning baby," he said with a wink.

She nodded as she continued to take in the decor. The home was very modern and impeccably furnished. Trey opened a pair of double bronze doors into a bedroom that was probably larger than 70% of her townhouse.

"This isn't the master suite?"

"Sort of. There's three masters; this one, the main house has one, and in the East wing where my brother stays has one."

He pointed Shae to the en suite bathroom. Upon entering, she swore she'd entered a luxurious jungle.