Chapter 5

Shae

He was wearing black jeans with a matching jacket and black OVO T-shirt. He looked so good in black jeans. I was tired of seeing him in his super light blue overly faded dad-looking jeans. I stopped my rambling thoughts when he took off his jacket.

Damn!

The beat began for "Started from the Bottom" and I started rapping and screaming along with the crowd. He was jumping around and running back and forth on the stage. He had so much damned energy it was contagious. Next he did "9" which was captivating to watch.

The blue light and smoke made it seem like we were chilling in his room smoking with him. I started cheesing and rocking side to side. I looked over almost forgetting that Vickie was there. She made a fuss about Future, but she seemed to be captivated by Drake too. He just has that effect on people.

Next was "U With Me," followed by "Feel No Ways," and "Headlines." The crowd went stupid on "Trophies" and I lost my damned mind on "HYFR" yelling out the lyrics while making gestures like I was a feature rapper on stage.

"Do you love this shit?
Are you high right now?
Do you ever get nervous?
Are you single?
I heard you fucked your girl, is it true?
You getting money?
You think them niggas you with is wit' you?"

I started jumping up and down and pointing directly at him as if he was talking to me.

"And I say,
Hell yeah,
Hell yeah, hell yeah,
Fuckin' right,
Fuckin' right, all right!"

I could tell that my voice would be hoarse the next day but I didn't even care. Somehow we made our way almost to the front while people were jumping and dancing around us. We were now the second row from the protective gate. The view was even more amazing. When he asked us if we wanted the short show or the long show, all the chicks went off screaming, "the long show!!"

Then he started "0-100" and after that "Worst Behavior."

I high-fived Vickie when I heard the beginning of the song and again began rapping right at Drake. At one point he looked directly into Vickie's camera as he squatted down and pointed at random audience members.

"Hold up, hold my phone,
Motherfuckers never loved us,
Fuckers never loved us,
Now you want to roll one?
Motherfucker never loved us,
So everywhere we go now, full cup,
Always hated the boy,
But now the boy is the man motherfucker
I done growed up! (dun know)
You know me, you know me (dun know)
I'm liable to do anything when it comes to that you owe me (dun know)
You owe me, you owe me
Bitch you better have my money when I come for the shit like O.D.B.!"

He laughed at the crowd's enthusiasm as he held out the microphone for us to finish different parts of the chorus.

I could barely hear him or myself over the screaming. My heart was pounding in my ears. I'd been to plenty of concerts, but this? This show was the shit.

Some chick next to us literally passed the fuck out when "All Me" came on, probably thinking Big Sean was coming out. Instead, he was doing a medley of songs that he was featured on like "No Lie", "Versace", "Over", "Trust Issues", "Up All Night", and "Crew Love". Security rushed in and removed the chick like yesterday's trash. Two people left with her and we were FINALLY in the front row.

When I looked back to the stage he was starting to sing "With You" that features PartyNextDoor. I wondered if he was going to come out but he didn't. "Childs Play" came on next and I looked back over at Vickie. She was staring ahead and smiling like she was finally realizing why I love me some Drizzy Drake. The vibe on "Faithful" had me feeling a way since I recently broke up with a boyfriend who used to sing this to me. Oh the memories.

"You hit me like "I know you're there with someone else",
That pussy knows me better than I know myself,
On my way from the studio so get undressed,
Let's do the things that we say on text,
I want to get straight to the climax."

Ugh.

I shook back the memory and looked back up at the stage and swear I saw Drake looking at me while DVSN was doing his thing. I raised one eyebrow and he smiled that freaking beautiful smile that makes you want to slap his parents for making such a damned good looking son. I could have counted every tooth in his head he was cheesing so hard.

But he couldn't be looking at me though right? There's like 50-11 thousand people up in this bitch.

Seriously, there had to be 20,000 people or more in here. I smiled in his direction and he winked and pointed straight at me. I cheesed. I couldn't help it. Then he waved at the crowd and took off for an intermission. He came back wearing a blue OVO tank top that showed off his arms. Yes, lawd. I almost drooled.

The rest of the concert went by in a blur. The entire crowd was on their feet dancing to "The Motto," which was mixed into "Right Hand". This guy had hits for days. Future joined him on the stage and they fed off each other's energy. For the next hour or so we were entertained by Drake and Future. Then the special guests started rolling in including Roy Woods, Young Thug and T.I. New York went fucking bananas when Fat Joe hit the stage and brought out Remy Ma.

They went so crazy on "All The Way Up," that I had to cover my ears to keep from going deaf. Vickie was grabbing my shoulder and jumping and screaming. She was pinching me with her nails and I had hair in my face and shit. It was mad wild but I was dying laughing and just glad she was enjoying the show. Truth be told, I had probably been doing the same thing to her for the last two and a half hours.

Drake and Future came back to the stage and went back and forth with hit after hit after hit. When the balloons came down from the ceiling on "Controlla" it was surreal. The show ended after "Legend" and I have to say that after this show, I'd agree that this man is a living legend.

It was one of the best shows of my fucking life.