Chapter 49

I tried calling Shae this morning to make sure she was good. She was hella wild last night. I can't lie though, she had me intrigued. So much so that I had to catch myself from calling her name while I was digging out Tanayah, more than once.

I was ready to stop by and see her, but Tanayah's ass was still here laying around like she paid the bills.

I flipped through my phone and saw several missed notifications. That wasn't unusual as I tended to ignore my phone more and more these days. These fans be acting like they own you as if they actually have a say in my personal life.

I loved my fans but sometimes I wanted to exit stage left from all of the attention. Shockingly, I faced much less attention in person then I did online.

This was probably attributed to the hood nigga look that I'd adopted recently. I had gotten rid of the clean-cut nice guy look and let my hair grow out. I also let my beard grow and randomly twisted sections of hair to make it unruly.

My Mumma said I was starting to look homeless, but I had less encounters with the media and that was just fine with me.

Dialing Shae's number again, I opened Twitter and saw several retweets of photos of us in the club. I sat up taking a good look at the pics as her voicemail came on.

There were three photos, two close ups, one full shot, and only one was clear.

"Aye baby, it's me. Give a nigga a holler."

The full shot of us entering the club with me holding her hand was sharp as shit.

I redialed and got her voicemail again. I hung up swiped to the next pic.

It was dark and fuzzy but I was still able to make out the image of what looked like us dancing. I recognized as the moment when I snatched her little ass up and told her to stop shaking her ass on me. But from this angel it looked like we were grinding on each other.

I scratched the back of my neck trying to remember if I might have grounded back before coming to my senses. Shit, it's possible. I'm only human.

The last photo was a little clearer but still dark, but I for damned sure could tell that it was when I yolked her up and told her she wasn't going about to holler at that lame ass bouncer on my watch. But to anyone that wasn't there it looked like we were about to kiss.

Shit.

I opened up a new text.

"Answer the fucking phone!"

***

I gazed at the city below me feeling content. I smiled thinking of Aubrey and how we were getting so much closer.

We spend half the day in bed with no devices on and agreed to only check them once we were up and dressed, which I was.

I picked up my phone and saw three voicemails from Trey along with a text. I checked the text first.

Trigga: Answer the fucking phone!

Well okay then.

I frowned and decided to check his voicemails before calling him back just to see what I was getting myself into.

"Baby, call me right quick."

"Aye, where you at?"

"Shae, pick up the damned phone. Have you checked your social media?"