Chapter 17

I got out of the pool and accepted the towel and wrapped it around me.

"Thank you. You got back a lot quicker than I thought."

"Is that so?" He smirked as he watched me dry my legs.

"What?"

"It's past midnight."

"It is not!"

I looked at him then turned toward the skylight. It was pitch black.

"Wow. I must have lost track of time."

"Looks like you had a good workout."

His eyes scanned over me as he took the towel and began to dry my back and my hair.

"I did."

My eyes were stared to roll in the back of my head. He could dry me off any time. Drake took my hand and pulled me out of the pool room.

"Come."

I shivered when he put his warm hand on the small of my back and led me up the stairs. With each floor, I noticed the house had emptied quite a bit but not totally. We went straight to the master bedroom.

"Have you seen Vickie?"

"She's in a guest room."

He went into the bathroom and turned on the light. I heard him fumbling around a bit then he came back out.

"Your bag is in the bathroom. I thought you may want to change and eat after that swim."

Dang how long was he watching me swim? Did he see Trey? I nodded and mumbled a thanks before locking the door behind me. I couldn't figure out why I was so awkward with him but not with Trey. Speak of the devil, when I opened my bag my phone buzzed.

"Aye baby, where you at? Come outside and keep ya boy company."

Shit.

"I'm about to check in on my friend. Let me call you back."

I texted Vickie.

bestfriendthatsmybestfriend💁🏾‍♀️: Where are you? Are you naked with Future? We need to go! And we need to talk. 😟

I showered with the body wash that Drake left on the counter. I felt much better once dressed again but I was hungry as hell. I checked my phone, but Vickie hadn't responded. I left the bathroom with my bag in my hand. I heard soft music playing, someone was singing about having sangrias on the beach.

"Who's this?"

Drake turned around with his phone in his hands.

"Oh, uh, it's Von Cannon."

"I've never heard of him."

He smiled, "That's because his music isn't out yet."

"Perks of the job?"

"Something like that."

He smiled and gave me the once over.

"Food?"

I nodded.

"Feed me."

When we got back down to the first floor I only saw Chubbs, Trey, Future, I think the dude on the couch was Niko, and there were some random chicks sitting outside that I didn't recognize. I was the only female in the room. Great.

I decided to go outside to see if there was still some food. I smiled at the chicks who were sitting at a table with an umbrella over it. Each and every one of them bitches gave me the side eye. It was then when I realized it was the same groupie hoes from the pool. You know what... I started singing Young Dro's "Fuck Dat Bitch" in my head.

I smiled as I went over to the guy at the grill, who I found out earlier was named Baka.

"Hi, anything left?"

"Hey. You like ribs?"

"Yeah, pork or beef?"

"Beef. Is that alright?"

"To be honest, it really doesn't matter right now. I'll eat almost anything."

"Oh for real? Come here. Lemme holler at you then."

I closed my eyes and wondered how in the hell Trey just happened to walk out here just in time to overhear that.