Chapter 52

Shae looked around the rental one last time to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything. She dragged her luggage into the living room where a smiling Aubrey stood. They'd spent the morning in bed until she was forced to get up and get dressed before she missed her flight. She couldn't believe she'd had him to herself for two nights. She was sure someone was pissed off that he'd gone AWOL and showed up in Atlanta without at least warning his bodyguards.

She stopped in front of him and smiled up at him. He was so freaking handsome that it was ridiculous. Although he hammed it up for the cameras sometimes, he wasn't conceited at all. If anything, sometimes he seemed to be surprised when someone complimented his looks. He took care of himself and his appearance, but mostly because he was captured in photos almost 24/7.

Aubrey looked down at Shae and couldn't resist the urge to kiss her pouty lips. He captured her face between his large hands and lightly pressed. When her lips puckered from the pressure, he leaned down and pecked her lips repeatedly until she broke out into giggles. Aubrey loved to hear her laugh. It had a little tinkle to it. After one last kiss, he picked up her bag and left the condo. Shae followed behind him flicking off light switches before locking the door and placing the key back into the lock-box.

Goodbye for now ATL.

***

After clearing airport security, Shae was ushered into first class. She sat smiling like a kid in a candy store. She typically flew business or coach because she couldn't fathom spending an exorbitant amount of money to be on the exact same flight as the people in coach paying much, much less just a few seats behind her.

Aubrey offered to fly back with her in the jet, but she refused. She overheard Oliver going off on him earlier and didn't want to keep him any longer than she already had. However, he insisted on upgrading her ticket saying that flying coach was unconscionable.

She laughed to herself remembering his reaction when she said she was in the back of the plane, just three row from the rest room. He whipped out his phone and in ten minutes, she was in first class, second row at a window seat. She watched her view of the Atlantic Ocean disappeared into a sea of clouds.

Flying was so peaceful.

***

"Excuse me!"

"Hey, watch it!"

"Sorry, sorry."

Aww shit!

As Shae power walked with her bag in tow through Logan International Airport, she grew more and more frustrated. The foot traffic in Logan was a mess. It seemed like everyone was walking directly into her path.

She wanted to stop and scream, "This will go so much easier if everyone would walk to the right!"

The plane landed on time, and although she was the third person off the plane, she was not twenty-minutes late because of the foot traffic in the airport. She texted Vickie to tell her to drive around again as she fought her way out of the airport while dodging and weaving through tourists, baby strollers, and the elderly.

When she stepped outside of the airport she stopped and breathed in the air. She could faintly smell the ocean. That was one thing that she loved about her home. You could go to a number of places and be near the ocean, a pond, or river. She was a water baby and could often be found in a bathing suit doing laps somewhere.

Beep! Beep!

Shae jumped and her eyes popped open.

"Get in the car before I get a ticket for idling!"

She laughed at her crazy friend as nearby tourists clutched their pearls.

Welcome to Boston bitches.

***

"So tell me, how good was your vacation without your bestie?"

Shae knew that Vickie was salty that she took off just a couple of weeks after their New York trip.

"It was ah-mazing!"

Vickie pinched her arm.

"Bitch what? No it wasn't."

She watched as Shae grinned to herself.

"Tell me everything."

By the time they pulled up to her townhouse, Shae had Vickie's mouth hanging open.

"So you mean, you and Trey was dating, almost fucked, and Drake didn't do shit? Soft ass."

"One, we were not dating. Two, what was he supposed to do? And three, there's nothing soft on that man but his lips."

Vickie's face screwed up.

"Eww, you nasty heifer."

Shae plopped down on her couch and cracked up.

"I'm just saying. So what did I miss at work?"

"Don't act like I don't have more questions, but I'll let you get settled first. Oh! You know that tall ass chick who wears the skin tight dresses to work and thinks wearing a blazer means she's not wearing club clothes?"

Shae laughed and nodded, "Ms. Bodycon?"

"Giirrrl yes! Word on road is that she has been dating one of her managers and I heard he's been paying for her place."

"No!" Shae gasped, at the good tea that Vickie was spilling.

"Yes! The same place where she tried to invite us just to get house warming gifts. But we were like, 'Hell no chick, we don't even like or know you like that'. She even had that man furnish the entire place."

She kicked off her shoes and pulled her bag into the laundry room and separated her clothes then put a load into the machine. Vickie went on.

"So they apparently invited someone else to lunch and that chick quickly picked up on their chemistry. When they got back, old girl approached Ms. Bodycon and told her she wanted in or she was going to old boy's wife, his coworkers, and his supervisor."

"Well what can the supervisor say about their relationship?" Shae asked while storing her wheeled bag into the coat closet.

"Girl keep up! You know there's a no fraternization rule." Vickie said exasperated. "Old boy is married, and he is all about his job title. If his coworkers knew, he'd be out of the golf club, the boys club, his house, and more importantly to him, his job. You know them white women will come up into the country club crying, telling everybody everything, and not carrying who all they have to throw under the bus."

Shae chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"Plus, he was so scared the chick would contact his wife, who has come into the office quite often, that he agreed and this chick has a place even better than Ms. Bodycon who is now royally pissed off."

"That's shameful. How is he keeping this from his wife? He must have a separate bank account, card, and probably keeps the paperwork in his office."

Vickie tilted her head while she thought.

"You know what? You're probably right. I'm going in early tomorrow and looking through that bitch. My place needs an upgrade too."

Shae gave her a side look, "Stop playing."

"What? Don't judge me, not everyone can date Drake."

"What about Future?"

"Ooh, I like him," Vickie smiled dreamily. "But let's not play, he doesn't have that wheelchair Jimmy money."

"Didn't I ask you not to call him that?"

"Like I listen to you. But I'm so glad you're back! Now that you're updated, tell me the rest of the story."