Chapter 10

In exactly 20 minutes, a black Escalade with almost illegal tint quietly rolled up to the curb and a well-dressed driver got out to open the door for the ladies. That was just enough time for Vickie to get dressed and for Shae to put on her swimsuit under her clothes.

Shae was wearing a black strappy one piece with neon green accents that drew the eye to various areas but didn't show too much. She had put her black jeggings and T-shirt back on over it but replaced her J's with black sandals.

Vickie was sporting a white barely-there bikini with denim booty shorts. She wore a lime see-through crop top over her bikini top.

Vickie topped off her look with green shades and a mini backpack that she secretly packed with a toothbrush, underwear and condoms in case they got lucky

"I'm glad we're going swimming. It's hot as hell out here."

Shae smiled over at her while tapping her foot and looking nervous. Vickie guessed she was probably worried about seeing Drake after all of his flirting last night.

"Calm down. You're freaking me out!"

"I know. I don't know why I'm nervous. We've already met them and... they're just regular people."

"Yeah...right. Keep telling yourself that. You might actually believe it."

"Shut up."

"Hey! I'm trying to help you out. What do I have to do with this?"

Vickie laughed and saw the driver crack a discreet smile.

Shae gazed out of the window as they drove over the East River by way of the Brooklyn Bridge. The ride took about a half hour before they entered a very nice neighborhood. She wasn't very familiar with Brooklyn, but when they turned onto Columbia Street, it wasn't too hard to guess that this was a high rent neighborhood.

They looked at each other when the car pulled up to a brick townhouse likely thinking the same thing. This is not a hotel like they'd thought.

"We should have known Drizzy either had a property in New York or that he stayed at an AirBnB rather than stay in a crowded hotel."

"Yeah."

Shae took her eyes away from the building when her door opened and Drake held out his hand to help her out. His hands were soft but his grip was firm. He engulfed her in a hug like he hadn't seen her in ages rather than just a few hours ago.

They walked toward the building with Vickie strolling next to Chubbs. She was talking to him like she'd known him for years. He was smiling, but Shae hadn't heard him say a word. They entered through the garden floor and from the foyer alone, she knew this place would be beautiful.

 They entered through the garden floor and from the foyer alone, she knew this place would be beautiful

Drake looked Shae over in her dark colors and she looked him over in his all white one. He grinned.

"Would you like a tour?"

She laughed as that was literally the name of his tour from last year. He's so cheesy.

"Absolutely," she smiled up at him.

He opened a door off the foyer that led into an open planned living room, dining room, and kitchen area. The focal point of the room was two large circular windows that doubled as clocks They drew your eyes to them as well as the light into the room. Shae checked her Fitbit and saw that the window clocks indeed worked, the time was correct.

 Shae checked her Fitbit and saw that the window clocks indeed worked, the time was correct

The kitchen sported stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, custom cabinetry. It gave the place a very masculine look. Even the black and white marble bathroom managed to be masculine. She took a quick peek out of the kitchen window at the building across the street. Just the front of the building held lots of charm so that it somehow didn't matter that you faced another building.

There was a door off the kitchen that opened out to the private garden level that had a colorful cracked flagstone patio. There were a few people seated around a stylish patio set playing card while a rambunctious red head worked the grill. She could definitely see herself lounging out there with a cold iced tea.

Drake approached her quietly and took her hand leading her out of the beautiful kitchen and upstairs to another open living area. This floor was a slightly smaller repeat of the grand floor downstairs minus the kitchen and dining rooms but including the inlaid border detail, hardwood floors, three bedrooms and another sitting area. It was furnished with dark reds, tans, and gold accents. The next two floors consisted of four large bedrooms and two additional bathrooms.

"You don't mind me holding your hand, do you?"

"It's a little late to ask now don't you think?"

He smoothed out his beard in thought and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess I just like holding you close to me."

This guy.

The best was saved for last as they entered the master bedroom suite on the top level. This level included a private terrace that had a fantastic view of the Manhattan skyline. Shae gravitated toward the large sliding glass doors framed in pine wood. She idly ran her fingers across the smooth wood as she stepped outside. As she approached the safety glass surrounding the deck, she was delighted to see the iconic Statue of Liberty in all of her glory. She spun around with child-like glee, her eyes wide and excited.

 She spun around with child-like glee, her eyes wide and excited

"Oh my goodness, this is a fantastic view!"

He just grinned and nodded while scratching the back of his neck.

"I bet it's absolutely beautiful at night."

"There's only one way to find out."

She looked up at him as he leaned nonchalantly against the safety glass. Her heart skipped at beat thinking for a second that this day could go horribly if the glass gave way. She looked down to find that the terrace provided an open view to the below floors and garden.

"Wow," she murmured wistfully and bringing her gaze back to the Statue of Liberty.

"I just might have to take you up on that."