Chapter 33

I was pissed to the highest level of pissed-tivity. I was so mad that I was making up words to describe my anger.

I knew Shae and I were supposed to just be cool but she gave me mixed signals in Boston. Damn I still can't believe I went all the way up there to see her without calling first. But when I see something I like, I go for it.

I thought about that kiss. She's so sexy to me, she's the whole package. She can chill with the homies, she'll cuss you out like a sailor, but she can also keep it classy. And her lips are so...damn. But what got me fucked up was the way she reacted to the kiss. She wanna act like we're just friends but she was over there trembling and moaning and shit like Drizzy who?

I was getting hard just think about it. I stopped pacing and sat down on my stairs to cool off.

Her whole demeanor changed though and I knew she must have been either with Dizzy or on the other line with him. Her responses let me know she was with him and didn't want him to hear her conversation. That's my nigga but nobody was dating nobody when we met. It's fair game at this point. I was about to blow up the spot when I called him, but I thought it would be better to get them over to the club so I could see her reaction in person.

I'm doing a set at OHM and I need to see everyone's chemistry when we're in the same space. I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but I'm feeling shawty and she most definitely is feeling me. If she hadn't let him hit that night, I know for sure that she'd be mine by now.

See the thing about Drizzy is that he liked to make bitches come to him so they can be all impressed with what he has and the way he's living. Before they even know what he's about they're already so impressed by his lifestyle that they'll do just about anything he says to get a taste of his fame. He likes to be on his home turf to establish his power.

I'm from Virginia and I'm a different type of nigga. I'll will roll up to ya people's house to see how you living. I want to know if you're telling me you're single but got a whole boyfriend or husband living with you. Being in a woman's own space puts her in a comfort zone that you wouldn't necessarily see when she's on vacation, out with her girls, or at your spot. That's when she lets her guard down and her real self shows up.

I made sure to put the crew in the VIP section so she can get a good look at my performance. I had a couple of wardrobe changes scheduled according to my wardrobe consultant, but I was adding one more outfit into the mix. I usually perform in some comfortable shit like jeans or sweats. But I'mma be on my grown man shit since Shae mentioned that she likes to see her man can look good in casual and dressy clothes. She wasn't talking about me, but she'll be talking about me soon. I was gonna give her exactly what she wanted tonight.

I grabbed my phone and smiled to myself as I sent a text.

ThatNiggaTrigga: Aye Chris, let the band know that I'm putting "Neighbors Know My Name" in right before the last outfit change. Then we'll go to "Inside Pt2" after the interlude and back to the newer shit.

Chris: Sure thing boss.

Tonight's show is about to be lit.

***

I was a nervous wreck.

I could have been tripping but I felt like something bad was about to happen tonight. My stomach as in knots and I was ready to catch a flight home. Trey hadn't answered any of my texts since last night and now we were supposed to go to some party at a club where he was doing a show.

Aubrey was being a total sweetheart and trying his best to get me out of my funk. I wasn't being a good guest but he surprised me anyway. Someone did some secret shopping because I found a Philipp Plein dress with a dramatic slit up the leg, a cute pair of Nicholas Kirkwood heels, some jewelry from Marcia Moran and Tara Hirschberg, and a Ginza gold clutch from Emm Kuo to complete the outfit laid out on the bed. Wow, he didn't miss a beat. Aubrey has impeccable taste when it comes to dressing women because everything fit me to a tee.

The club had a cheesy red carpet outside and a photographer took photos of every guest in the hopes that you'd want to purchase the pictures on your way out

The club had a cheesy red carpet outside and a photographer took photos of every guest in the hopes that you'd want to purchase the pictures on your way out. Not a chance.

Oliver, Niko, O.B., and Chubbs were with us and it was a madhouse outside. I was trying my best not to look directly into the cellphones and paparazzi cameras pointed our way. Why the fuck didn't we go through the back or a side entrance or something?

By the time we reached the VIP area, I was pissed off. Bitches were screaming and reaching across me trying to get to the guys. Now I could see what Trey meant now about the difference between New York fans and Los Angeles fans. These MFs needed to get a life. They could hurt someone out here grabbing up on them and what not.

Trey's ass was in the VIP area already. He was surrounded by women who were hanging on to him and his every word. I also saw T.I., Ne-Yo, August Alsina, and Bryson Tiller laughing, drinking, and having a good time.

When he saw us he stood up and gave everyone dap and bro hugs. Then he looked me over and licked his lips and rubbed his palms together. It was so tempting, but I managed not to kick him in the nuts.

"So, who dis Drizzy?"

No he didn't.

Aubrey looked at me and smiled, which may have saved Trey's life. He was really irking me.

"This is Shae. You met her back at the spot Brooklyn, remember?"

"Oh, yeah yeah yeah. Wassup?"

He leaned over to give me a quick hug and whispered in my ear, "Hey baby".

His lips grazed my ear and gave me goosebumps. It was going to be a long night.

***

I watched Trey lean over and give Shae a polite hug. I was a bit surprised that he didn't seem to remember her since he was going at her so hard in New York. He even asked her for her number but he must not have called. Typical.  She greeted him but didn't seem phased by him in the least. In fact, she looked like she was bored with him.

I couldn't help but smile and feel better about her not falling into the arms of any old celebrity. Especially someone I have worked with and called my brother at some point. I would hate to have to deal with that shit. I guess I can stop treating Trey like the red-headed step child.

We took our seats and ordered bottles. After about a half hour, Trey left to go get ready for his performance. The club manager stopped by to introduce himself and let us know our bill would be taken care of. I tried to tell him it wasn't necessary but he insisted. What a nice guy. Tonight might not be bad after all.

Trey started off with his latest hits. I watched Shae out the corner of my eye but she looked almost bored. A half hour later, I was going through my social media wondering how much longer until this was over.

When he took his shirt off and started air grinding, I was ready to go. I didn't want to see that shit. Thankfully Oliver came over to me with some business to handle.