Chapter 58

Shae woke up with a start. Her heart was pounding and her breathing came in quick bursts. She felt something nudging her butt and she was scared to move.

"Trey?"

She stayed completely still. When she felt something jump onto her side and she shot out of bed.

"Trey!"

She spun around just as Trey entered the bedroom.

"What's wrong baby? What is it?"

"S-something touched m-me! It's in the b-bed!"

She backed away as the blankets moved again but was bewildered when Trey smiled and walked over to the bed.

She couldn't have been more shocked when Trey pulled a stuffed animal from under the blanket and set it on the floor.

"What the hell? I could have sworn that it- aaaaaah!"

She screamed as it came running towards her. Trey was laughing his ass off.

"Yo, I know you ain't scared."

"Trey! What the hell? I thought that was a stuffed animal that you pulled out of the bed."

Trey was laughing so hard he had to sit down.

"You stupid. Didn't you feel him moving around?"

Feeling silly Shae nodded.

"It was touching my ass. Nasty little thing, just like his daddy."

She looked back at the fluff ball and laughed at herself.

"Okay, now I do feel stupid."

She leaned down to pet the cutest Pomeranian bear dog.

"You know you wake up crazy right?"

"Shut up Trey! I didn't know you were going to put an animal in the bed with me. There's no way this guy got up there by himself, did you cutie? No you didn't. I didn't know you had a dog."

"I don't."

She looked back at him as he moved to sit on the floor next to her and the dog.

"Then whose dog is this?"

"Yours."

Her hands flew off the dog like they were burned.

"What?"

"He's yours. Happy belated birthday."

Shae smiled from ear to ear and began to pet the dog again.

"My birthday was last month, Trey."

"Merry early Christmas?"

She looked at the puppy who was wagging his tail and staring up at them.

"You really bought me a dog?"