【 C h a p t e r 11 】

ANGELICA'S POV

ANGELICA'S POV

I just finished cooking after Madeleine's failed attempt to make me remember everything way back before my life. I just sighed deeply knowing it'll just exhaust me if I kept thinking about it. I'd rather not do that, thank you very much.

"What did you cook?" Madeleine asks, oh, she's still here. She's just quiet.

"Steak Alfredo." she smacks her lips as those words sink into her mind.

"That sounds delicious." Madeleine taps her fingernails on the table where I mostly spend the time chopping vegetables.

"Would you like your spice mild or low?" I asked.

"High." I'm a bit thankful that I wasn't facing her because if I were, I would've chopped her fingers from that annoying noise she makes.

"Done." I put the plate in front of Madeleine to do a taste test if it's a pass or not, I don't know if I'm going to impress her or not.

"Well, if we're talking about this food..." She chomps down a spoonful of Steak Alfredo and she is amazed.

"What about it?"

"Well, it's a pass, but I just recommend making your steak much chewy," Madeleine suggested.

"Then I can make both, depending on the people's choice of chewiness."

"I like the way you think, you're flexible in the cooking field. Then why don't we expand it?" She questioned, my head tilted at her question.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is... I could make arrangements for you to join the cooking competition and you might visit Spain when you win the final round," Madeleine excitedly says.

"Really?" This news makes my heart jump out of pure joy when I heard I could travel when cooking.

"I should make it up to you since my brother went cranky." I suddenly laugh at her words.

"That's funny, Jonathan's always aloof and all but then he turns and goes rabid when he just sees the photo." I laugh at it but I don't hear Madeleine's laugh, instead, her eyebrow is raised, and starts talking.

"I guess I might just say I canceled this off," she says and stands up to walk away.

"Then I guess... I should walk out there and remove this bandage, and say he hurt me just because he saw my photo? That would be a twisting story for the news." Madeleine turns her heel at me and walks back.

"I see that you have a brain, after all, you know that. So when do we start?"

"Heh, can that wait for like, next week?" I begged playfully because there's a lot on my plate this week.

"Oh, and why? Too scared now that you're joining?" Madeleine challenged me.

"No, it's because my visa license just expired." She looked disappointed at my explanation.

"It's not like we're going to Spain that fast, we're going to Pennsylvania first, then Indiana, Kansas, Colorado, then our last competition will be held in Las Vegas." I blink quickly rethinking if what I heard was correct.

"Then... Spain?" I confirmed.

"Then Spain," Madeleine repeated while nodding, I got all goofed up and suddenly thought of Angelique. Now that I'm curious...

Angelique's P.O.V

I wore a black elongated dress with a sparkle of gold glitters at the bottom, I entered a club and there were lots of bodies grinding on the dance floor as some people were making out in their seats. I spotted a vacant seat and took it.

"Hey." men gather around the table and sit too.

"This isn't a place for your cheap outfit." the men sneered

"I think it's her place, not you guys." A man stood behind them and they easily recognized his voice.

"Oh, sorry." They all scattered and he sat down in front.

"So, what brought you here?" when the party lights hit his face, I recognized that he was Nicholas Young.

"I'm here to meet someone, but he's not here yet," I explained.

"Is that so?" he smirks at me.

"Doesn't mean I always go and see you doesn't mean I have feelings for you, I'm here to visit my sister." I defended myself.

"I didn't say anything." Nicholas raised both of his hands.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Are you Angelique?" A deep man's voice booms suddenly at my side, I look at him and a man in his 60s suddenly sits beside me.

"I didn't answer—"

"You don't have to, because I already know it." The old man smiles at me.

"Still—" he cuts me off again.

"And who's this guy in front of you?" The old guy questioned and pointed at Nicholas.

"You don't have to know, because I know you already do know him," I retorted.

"Oh dear, I thought you were an idiot."

"Oh dear, I thought you were young," I snapped.

"This night might be lovely, but we have to go." Nicholas stands and grabs my wrist.

"Goodnight, I guess? You have to sleep since you're getting old." The old man looks at me and he snaps his finger.

"I guess you have to learn something, bitch," he said as ten men started coming in.

"This will be a fun night, don't you think?" I look at Nicholas and he just smiles, I ripped the side of my dress for me to move more freely.

"Let the fun begin," Nicholas averred. I step from the chair and onto the table to lunge at someone, then did a cartwheel to grab two of their neckties and pulled them for me to advance, I let go of the other necktie and slid under him to punch his groin but a guy did a chokehold on me when I stand. I stomped his toe with my heels and he let go of the hold and Nicholas punched him straight in his face when I turned around someone slapped me and he laughed at me.

"You're fucked." I licked my teeth to wipe off the blood and his smile fades when I grab his necktie and repeatedly punch his nose as I pull the tie, he falls to his knees and collapsed. All ten of them are down on the ground and the man in his 60s backs away from the seat.