【 C h a p t e r 3 5 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

When I stepped out of the car, I was standing in front of a fancy restaurant and people were looking at us.

"Isn't this quite... Embarrassing on my note?" I asked Jonathan, he shook his head.

"It's not for me," he says proudly and fixes his suit.

"Why do you dress like that today? We're just eating, doesn't this make it awkward—?" I was cut off by his answer.

"I'm not dressed up to impress you, I will have a stockholders meeting. Your dress is perfect for the occasion today." And here I thought we were eating alone...

"Oh, is that so...? I don't know anything about it," I said sincerely.

"But why are you the one managing all stocks when it comes to foods and beverages?"

"...Ask your brother, he probably knows it. If he denies it, I can make him remember," I said with all my might due to nervousness building up inside me.

"I'll ask him later, for now, don't answer any of their questions unless I give you a go." I nodded and just followed him inside. As soon as I entered the restaurant, a buzz of reporters came at us and asked several questions.

"What can you say about the incident that had happened a week ago, Mr. Young?" a woman in a black blazer and gray pants comes asking straight away, she must've been in a hurry. Her stockings are not the same color.

"There's footage of you breaking a door inside the hospital, can you comment on it?" other questions were filling up the restaurants but his guards blocked them and I hurried to catch up with him.

"Why are we even here? You said you'll have a meeting?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but this is just a passage." We walked inside the kitchen and I already noticed their dirty dishes.

"If you guys didn't clean that up, you better make sure you guys still have a job after we walk back here." I warned them, they didn't even move an inch to clean it and I nudged Jonathan's elbow, "Hey, what are you going to do about it?"

"What else should I do? This is not even inside my property or your restaurant," he says and continues walking.

"I know, but it's just—" he ignored me totally and I faced them all, "You all are fired after I made a talk with your manager unless you still want this job." I dared them, but nobody listened to what I said and I just rolled my eyes.

"Oh my gosh, it's Chef Angelica." a familiar voice surrounded the kitchen.

"Wait, I know that voice." When I turned around, a girl hugged me tightly and she lifted her face for me to see. When I got to see her face clearly, my eyes widened in surprise. The girl from the competition is in front of me.

"It's so nice to meet you," she says happily and faces everyone, "Everyone! This is the chef I'm talking about a few weeks ago. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't help my mom and I wouldn't be here without her help. So respect her and do as she says," people gave me unsure glances if I really did help her and when one waitress looked at me ever so seriously, she gasped.

"Guys, do as she says. She's a chef in Beonyeong Mall, she might be here to inspect us." People gossip and open their phones when they see my face on the front page of the restaurant I work at. They gasped and hurried to do their things.

"We're so sorry ma'am, we'll do it right away."

"Thank you, now I'll just proceed on inspecting later," I said and turned my heels to walk away, a few minutes later, I found Jonathan standing in front of a big door.

"Where have you been?" He didn't look at me, but he could tell that I was the one he was talking to, he was an alien, I told myself and answered.

"I was just inspecting the kitchen, sir." I politely said.

"We don't have enough time to waste in the kitchen, so as long as I walk, you'll follow me. Do you understand?" Jonathan asks, he slightly raises his voice at me.

"Y-yes, sir. I will not do it again," I apologized, I can't argue. When the door opens, expectant stockholders are sitting and looking at us. They greeted him and yet he didn't, what an ignorant person. He suggested they sit and a thick fog of tension already arose from the table.

"What are the statistics from a few months ago 'till now?"

"Sir, the statistics show that we have had low ratings for the past few months. Concerning us, Gidae Mall will surely get more ratings than us."

"Do every single thing that may attract all people to shop in the mall," I sat far away and there were other secretaries, sitting and taking notes of what they were saying. Some were checking their status reports of the last ratings from the mall, and a man greeted me.

"Hello, I see that you are Sir Jonathan's new secretary," he says giddily.

"Yeah, but what exactly are we doing here?"

"For you? Nothing, but for us... A lot, I mean a lot." he opens his bag and lots of report files are ongoing to be checked and I gagged from how many it was and he looks at me worryingly, "Are you okay, though?" he asks and I just nod, but a thought passed through my mind and tapped his shoulders and leaned in to whisper at him.

"What if we used all the trends to gather more young people, and the old trends to gather old people in the mall...? Wasn't that a great idea? I mean it will not only boost the revenue of the mall's popularity, but it also shows that we are open to the trends that are surfacing nowadays that would truly benefit all of us," I whispered, but everyone hushed inside and I turned my head to look at them. Their faces are looking at me and Jonathan looks at me with a dark expression, I thought I was whispering due to their loud arguments.

"That... Is it a bright idea, miss..?" the spokesperson said to me.

"Angelica, Ms. Angelica Park from Beonyeong Mall. Mr. Jonathan Young's new secretary," I said shyly and tried to avoid Jonathan's dark gaze.

"That is a bright idea, we can collaborate on both of these trends to gather more people and maybe the rates will skyrocket and will bring back the old state. No matter what happened months ago..." Jonathan looked at him dead in the eyes and the spokesperson trailed off and Jonathan sat back on the chair and sighed.

"Then it's settled," he says and stands up, everyone does and bowed at him before we both left. He didn't talk, but he rather walked seriously and impossibly fast. I couldn't catch up with him, so I tried my best to walk faster and ended up running to catch him.

"Sir! Let me explain, I didn't know that I was talking loudly because I was trying to help you. I'm so sorry, please let me make it up for you," Jonathan stopped, then I bumped into his back and landed on the floor with a loud thud, he looked at me and smirked.

"Then why not help me to find the right suitor?" he turns to face me and lends a hand to help me stand, I was shocked. I hesitated for a moment and reached it, he pulled me up and his lips were near my ear.

"If you can't, then you'll be my suitor," he whispers and I can feel that his lips stretched to a smile and my eyes widen in fear, what did I get myself into?