【 C h a p t e r 2 6 】

ANGELICA'S POV

ANGELICA'S POV

"But why would I be your... girlfriend? I can be just your acquaintance."

"No, she won't like it," Jonathan says and frustratingly brushes his hair.

"Okay, but who stopped the car?" I point at it.

"Forget about that damn car, just go with me."

"Huh? Why would I? I haven't even picked a dress yet."

"I don't care." he grabs my wrist tightly and it hurts.

"Let go of me," I said. Jonathan didn't listen and started walking without me trailing him. I bit his hand and he yanked it out of me.

"What is wrong with you?" he asked, fuming

"No, What is wrong with you?" I asked Jonathan back, he stopped in his tracks and looked at me. His eyes were glossy and his expression was confused.

"I don't know, " he says.

"Okay, explain yourself." I wrap my arms around my chest.

"Monica is my first love before she died."

"I'm sorry about what happened, but it was," I said while Jonathan explained.

"Okay, she was my first love. She looks just exactly like you back then, that's why I got all confused and mixed up. I'm sorry if I ever got mad when I saw your photo that coincides with her."

"Okay, what I want to know is why would I show up from your mother?"

"It's because after she died, I swore to myself that I would never love again. Then this incident happened, I never even like you, but she takes promises seriously, and when she knows that it will happen... She has to go and see who's the woman who broke such a promise." I believed him and when he said: "A hundred years ago." I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Really? A hundred years ago?" he nods.

"Yeah, so, we have to go." Jonathan starts grabbing my wrist again and I just let go of it.

"No, at first, I believed your 'promise' to yourself. But when you said it was from a hundred years ago made it unbelievable, so, don't even." I hissed, "sir." I sarcastically said.

"Whatever, you won't even understand me," he says and walks away.

"Hey hey hey, where do you think you're going, sir?" I stopped Jonathan.

"Why? Is there a problem?" I nod and point at the car again with its door dented.

"Just leave it there, I'll send someone to pick it up and fix it." He reached out his hand to me.

"What are you doing?"

"Your phone, I need your number so that I can text you if the car is fixed."

"Oh, it's not mine. It's my best friend's car." I tried to not get my number taken by him.

"Yeah, yet you are the one who was riding it." I sighed deeply, not trying to get him on my nerves and I gave up because he has a point.

"Here," I gave my phone to him rashly and he types down his number as he gave the phone to me to type my number down.

"There, satisfied?" I asked him, "If only you were a colleague, I would've smacked your head with a frying pan." I whispered.

"What did you say?" Jonathan looks at me while he types down something on my phone

"Nothing, sir," I replied.

"Here, if you click one..." his phone starts ringing and I read the text, Little Chef, I scoffed at it and I ended it. I typed his nickname and hit one.

"What? Annoying Jerk?!" he raised his voice.

"Why? Got a problem with that?" I asked him.

"I'm your boss!" he shouts.

"I don't care, ugh, you're... So annoying!" I stole back my phone and threw his phone at him, I stomped my way back into the mall and removed the wig and scarf as I made my way to the boutique.

"Ma'am, you're scarf." I didn't turn around and continued stomping to the boutique.

Jonathan's POV

I smiled when she stomped away and I dialed my mechanic's number to fix a car, I went back to my office with a smile plastered on my face and I sent someone in to follow where Angelica is.

"Sir, even when she comes home?" she asks.

"No, when the work is done is when you go home," I said, she nodded and left.

ANGELICA'S POV

After getting back to my khakis and the white polo, I went back to the restaurant in a bad mood. All of the staff are well informed by how I look and they all move quickly to get all orders done. I chopped angrily and I didn't even notice that my phone was ringing after one of the newbies told me.

"Chef, your phone is ringing. Annoying Jerk is its name." I looked at the new girl who came with me and asked if she could help, chill sent down her spine.

"Thank you for informing me, Choi." I smiled and she nodded nervously, her gaze downwards and I looked down and saw that the knife was pointing at her.

"Oh, sorry." I stabbed it on the chopping board and I answered the call "I'm busy, if you're calling me just to annoy me then I'm ending the call." I put it away in my ear and he answered.

"The car's done, there's no other damage. I even refilled the gas, so you don't have to worry."

"Oh, how nice of you. Should I go there and say thank you personally?" I asked sarcastically.

"Well, that would be nice and you can go hug me." I sighed deeply again in anger, trying not to shout.

"If you're done, end the call. I don't have to listen to your nonsense." I put the phone on the top of the shelf and I happened to not end the call.

Jonathan's POV

I put it away for a second because of how loud she slammed it onto something, I put it back on and listened.

"Who's the Annoying Jerk, Chef?" the woman earlier asked Angelica.

"The guy who put me in a bad mood," she explains.

"Why? Did he do something?" I put the phone on the loudspeaker and I went to fetch some water as they bicker more, I sipped and stopped when the woman asked her.

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"What?! No!" we both said at the same time.

"He broke my best friend's car and he never even said sorry!" she said, did I? The woman gasped at her and they bickered some more.

"Right?! You get me, you know what? You'll receive today's paycheck," she says and walks out of the kitchen.

"Sir," she says.

"What?"

"She seems nice even though she's mad," she said, I rolled my eyes.

"Just do what I told you." I went to change clothes.

"Okay." she turned it off again and I heard Angelica shouting.

"Hey everyone, order anything you want. It's free for today, staff, your paychecks today. Get their orders first before, we'll also drink until we drop dead!" she said, I hear them cheering and all of them start to get busier than expected.