【 C h a p t e r 2 4 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

Nathan was really surprised when I whispered that at him, he started to wag his tail endlessly and I just chuckled.

"I'm gonna go wash you after, okay?" I pat his head happily as we continue to eat our supper, I grab both him and David in the bathroom and his tail won't stop wagging.

"Is something the matter?" I asked Nathan.

"Oh, no, there's not." he smiled, okay, he's cute when he smiles. I never saw him smile

"You're much cuter when you smile, grumpy," I exclaimed

"It's only for a limited time." Nathan smiles

"Well, time to take a bath," I said in a singsong tone and I carried David as Nathan walked beside me. When we got in there, I turned the faucet on and I just turned the water into lukewarm. I grabbed a pail of water and poured it on him.

"Oh, by the way. Are you a wolf?" he nods

"But, why did you say you are a wolf-dog?"

"Why? Do you want people to take me away and bring me into the pet quarantine?"

"Of course not, I was just wondering." I picked the new scrubber and scrubbed it on Nathan's back.

"I have sensitive skin, be careful." I rolled my eyes at him and David was just swimming in the tub.

"How old are you?" I asked him

"Much older than you," Nathan says jokingly

"Yeah? I'm turning 30 next week, how about you?" I glanced at him while I scrub his body

"A hundred and thirty-one." I laughed at him

"You know how to joke, I thought you're always gonna get grumpy." I rinsed Nathan off and his smile fades.

"I'm not joking, " he said seriously and I shut myself up.

"Awkward, " David added. After that, I just avoided talking and went back to sleep with Nathan on my side and David in between. I woke up earlier than them and I noticed David frowning when he woke up

"I guess Nicholas will pick me up today, sorry if I didn't tell you."

"Aw, it's okay. You can visit us anytime." Nathan's gone.

"Where is he?" I asked him.

"He left an hour ago, he said he'll be back once the full moon arrives." someone knocked on the door and Angelique came out shouting.

"Wait up! How impatient are you to knock on the door countless times like you're gonna pee so bad?!" I heard her say something but stopped when she opened it, I looked at her discreetly and she closed the door immediately at Nicholas and went back to her room.