【 C h a p t e r 1 9 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

"Be careful on your way out!" Angelique shouted back, I got in my car and put him beside me. I drove fast enough to get us there. I stopped at the back of the company's building and carried him out there. I knew that there was a park there somewhere and put him down when I reached it.

"Promise me you're not gonna get hurt, okay?" I kissed Nathan's nose this time and pinched his cute cheeks, he just agreed by nodding and hugging him for the last time. I ran back to my car and got in to drive. When I'm in the parking lot, I went to the lady's bathroom to change. But something's not right, it's too loose.

"Did I get thinner by any chance?" I pulled my phone out of my bag and dialed Madison's number. When I told her to come with a belt, she eyed me from head to toe.

"By any means, is that man from yesterday, your boyfriend?"

"Gosh, no, I don't even know his name." I thanked my best friend when she gave me her belt and I hurriedly put it on, yeah, why do I have male pants?

"Then, why are you wearing men's clothes?" Madison pointed at my outfit, I looked at it and explained.

"I just plucked it out of the guest room's closet—" I stopped talking immediately and stared at her.

"Maybe this is my sister's boyfriend's clothes?" We both gasped and she went to lock the main door of the bathroom.

"You're gonna get in trouble if she notices that it's gone! Go! Call her now!" I frantically dialed Angelique's number and she answered.

"Hello? Why did you call—" I cut her off.

"Don't come in the guest room, ever, my— my friend will have a sleepover there later." Madison gazed at me in a shocked manner and Angelique answered.

"Oh, okay, then I'll leave it to your hands then. Is that all?" Angelique asks

"Uh, no, there's nothing more. Bye." I ended the call and Madison is speechless in front of me.

"I'm sorry." She threw her hand in the air and just sighed anyway.

"Okay, I'll tell this to my son first and we'll deal with this later on."

"Okay, thank you so much. Let's head back for now." I hugged Madison and opened the door to see women waiting for us to open it.

"Sorry, her boyfriend just dumped her," she says and I looked at her, their furrowed brows and their scowl turned into remorse.

"Oh, sorry about that. We get you, hey, sometimes let's hang out to forget those boys who broke our hearts." I can't answer but Madison backed me up.

"Yes, let's drink until we forget our names next time." They laughed at each other and I guess we became friends just because of a made-up breakup.

"Thank you so much, Maddie."

"Anything for you, sweetie." She coos, later, reporters come crashing in and pass us by. I looked to where they were headed and saw that Jonathan's hair color changed. He spotted me and I looked away instantly.

"After that scene, everyone went into chaos to win him over. And let me guess, you guys aren't going out?" Madison asks.

"No! I can't date a man like him, he's such a scumbag," I whispered to her so that no one could go and pull my hair out of my skull. She chuckled and we went on, no reporters were caring for me, which made me happy. Except when I meet this guy.

"Good afternoon, ladies." He bows at us and smiles while my brows feel like I saw him.

"Not so good afternoon to you, Alexander." His smile fades when he hears his name and becomes cold instantly.

"Alexander maybe my name, dear, Jonathan calls me by that name because that's the closest name he could say to me. Call me Mr. Hugh." He reaches for a handshake.

"Yeah, not buying that. Now, will you please move aside? I have practice and a competition to win." I pushed him aside and Madison said goodbye.

"Now, now, my dear, you're very late... and wearing big pants, is your mind behind the time?" Madeleine walks up and smells my clothes.

"Looks like you and Jonathan were together last night, doesn't it?" She asks, the women look at us with anger in their eyes. How the hell did she come up with that conclusion? Does Madeleine know about what happened at the venue?

"You know, dear, I may not be at the venue, but I can tell if my brother is with a woman." Madeleine gave me an evil smile. What the hell? I wasn't even close with Jonathan after that incident.

"Ma'am, I think you may have already known about the incident that happened at the venue, but I assure you, I am not— in any way, am close with Mr. Jonathan Young," I explained to her, and she stopped on her tracks.

"Oh... Is that so?" Madeleine asked me, to which I agreed, then she thought for a second, her head tilted to the side.

"Why do I smell him off of you, then?" She whispered to herself.

"I don't know what's in her that Jonathan likes." one of the girls said to her friend.

"Yeah, maybe she threatened him." I looked at them and was about to answer. Madeleine snapped out of herself and glared at them.

"You women are pretty, I mean that. But not as high as her standards are, now, would you shut your darn mouths?" she said, her accent became more of like a British one and the woman shut up. The both of them left immediately and stared at me with a smile.

"Sorry, I grew up in London. Now, where did we last leave?" Madeleine asks.

Angelique's P.O.V

I went into her room to clean it, her clothes were everywhere and I picked it up. There are still clothes on her bed and I look under if there's something, but I happen to find something more interesting. A man's pants, I laughed evilly at it.

"Oh, you one, sneaky bastard."