【 C h a p t e r 8 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

2 months later...

Everyone is excited about Christmas, everything went normal and the mall is at its highest peak. Then a lady in a striking red dress enters the mall, and every man's head turns on her as she passes them by. She walks elegantly, but...

"John!" she squeals and runs at... Jonathan? Who is she?

"Sis! I'm not here for a lovely hug of yours!" He complains.

"You didn't even call for 3 months, and mom is worried like she thinks you've gone missing. And, dad's here." her tone becomes severe, and he stops walking.

"Angelica, are we leaving yet?" Madison asked me and glanced at where I was looking.

"Is that his fiancee?" She asks I shake my head and she starts grabbing me to go out.

"Wait, I need to hear something." Madison stops and joins me to have a sneak peek.

"When did he come home?" Jonathan asks, he became cold instantly after hearing the word dad.

"So? What did you hear?" She whispers.

"It seems like a heated conversation," I whispered back.

"He needs you to come home, he wants to talk to you. I don't even know why I was brought up to this, he's old and senile yet still thinks he's the strongest." Jonathan's sister sees me and she clears her throat, I hide and laugh at my stupidity.

"It's a go now, we're caught," I giggled.

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you later." We both laugh at our sudden stupidity.

"Anyways, where are we going?" She asked me.

"Anywhere," I smiled.

"What about stargazing?" She asks happily.

"Let's go?"

"Let's go." We went ahead to go to the quietest and dimmest place, the countryside. Which is her parent's house?

"I've never been to your parent's place, it's gorgeous."

"Thanks, try to feel at home." she shoves me playfully, I helped her to dust off the rooftop and when we finished I saw that the sun was going down.

"It's getting chilly here at night, so I brought these." she sheepishly smiles at me as she points at the table that we found earlier. There's a steaming hot chocolate with marshmallows on top and s'mores, a heater is also near the table that's why it feels fuzzy and warm here.

"Merry Christmas Maddie," I raise the mug of hot chocolate.

"Merry Christmas Angie." She cheers my mug and we both chuckle.

"You know, despite what happened through those months... All the news, the gossip, and all of that. It just disappeared. Like nothing happened."

"Yeah, it might be hard for us who work there. But we somehow have to deal with it, we've been working there for so long. We don't have another opportunity like this, because of this company... I paid the hospital bills for my mom, I bought a house, and even my daughter's gift." Madison wiped some tears that were forming at her nose bridge. I held her hand and squeezed it.

"Yeah, I feel you too. After working hard and paying it off, I bought a house, paid my sister's tuition, and even bought her a clinic. She was happy, but she always nags." She chuckles at my remark as I sip the hot chocolate.

"But, when are you getting married?" She asked it out of the blue.

"W-what?" I accidentally burned my lips with this hot chocolate as she started laughing hysterically at me.

"Sorry if I ask that, I just got curious." Madison stops laughing, and I shrug it off.

"When the right time comes, I guess?" I don't know when I'll fall in love with someone deeply.

"Dear, love comes in no time. You might be falling in love with someone right now or maybe the next day, love knows no time. It just hits you right in your heart, when you feel happy and giggly it's because you're happy to see that person. When it aches when that person is with someone, we call jealousy and even sadness. Love does that to us; it makes us crazy until we get hurt and broken." she sighs and sips her hot chocolate as she looks at the stars.

"Is it?" I ask her one last time.

"Yeah, but it's fun. Because there are lessons to be learned, and adventures to experience." Maddison nudges my elbow playfully, I put down my mug and grab a handful of s'mores. I crushed it and put it in my cup, and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"What? It's much better, we have our taste," I complain.

"Sometimes, I think you're weird." We both enjoyed looking at the stars and someone came crying at us.

"Mommy, Charles bit my finger." Madison's daughter comes crying at her.

"Aw, baby let me see." As soon as she starts looking for the bite mark she starts yelling.

"Charles! You're 17! And Alissa is just 6!" She coos at her daughter.

"Sometimes I think Charles is much more of a kid than Alissa does, she thinks maturely." I chuckled at her remarks about her children.

Somewhere in Spain...

???'s P.O.V

"Where's the boy?" I asked my men and no one answered.

"I said, where's the boy?!" I shout at them.

"Roberto, our wolf is dead and so is the boy." The door went flying open and a woman in a wolf fur coat answered.

"Ah, Anita. You've come, you may leave." The men left and closed the door.

"Of course, Ronaldo." I suddenly grabbed her neck and raised her.

"Ronaldo.... is no longer my name, I am now... Alexander."

"Yes... Yes, I know. Let me down... Alexander," her voice squeaks, and I do what she asks. She coughs.

"Very well indeed, you may go." I looked at the window as soon as she left the room.

"I have been reborn, and you wait... Jonathan, I'll return with a great surprise." I darkly laughed alone in my room and stopped.

"Time for me to come back," I smirked. I prepared myself and called some of my men to follow me back to America, and decided to follow Monica from then on. If only she would hear from me that what I'm doing back then and now is supposedly for her. No matter the cost.