【 C h a p t e r 5 1 】

Anita's POV

Anita's POV

"Really? Where?"

"She's in Spain," he says. I don't understand. That's where Ronaldo lives and then she's there?

"Okay... Where in Spain?" he cocks his head to one side, seemingly confused about what I asked.

"In Spain," he said, he might be all charismatic and whatnot. But no fair he's dumb like this.

"Is it Madrid? Or Cadiz? Andalusia?" he didn't respond, but he just scratched the back of his head and I just closed my eyes in dismay.

"I'm sorry, but that's where all of the data I can gather from the PI you hired."

"It's okay, you can go now. Don't forget to bring me a new phone in an hour or so."

"Duly noted, Madame." he left, I sat alone in my room and the silence was almost deafening. I got up and played a song loud enough to outdo the silence and popped a bottle of champagne out of the fridge, I drank half of it and danced wildly. Then I blacked out. I woke up later with a massive headache pounding hard and ended up running to the bathroom to retch vomit. When I'm finished, I head out and smell delicate food. As I waltz in, a man stands in the kitchen and cooks something. I stopped immediately and stood next to him to get a good look at him, it was my secretary.

"Good morning, Madame. You slept soundly, and that's the first time you slept longer."

"What happened?"

"I don't know, but you were a mess yesterday. You said you did something to you."

"Wait, what?" I asked him, then all of the memories came flooding back...

A while ago...

Sometime later, a knock on my door was heard and I walked tipsy to open it. A man, I can't picture his face and it kind of resembles Jonathan. He looks at me with the look he always gives at me and I'm not pleased by that.

"Oh, it's you. What are you doing here after what you just did?" he shoots me with a confused look, "so, you're gonna pretend nothing happened?" He doesn't seem to answer my question.

"I don't get your point, I thought—"

"No excuses, don't you even do that."

"Do... what?"

"As if nothing happened!" he just looks at me and I stumble when my foot collides with my other foot, then he catches me on time. He turns me around and cups my cheeks.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his voice was different though. Nonetheless, he's Jonathan. Perhaps my imagination? I heaved a long sigh and looked at his eyes, their shiny. Light brown eyes captivated me.

"Your eyes are beautiful..."

"I get that a lot."

"Well, here's one thing you don't get a lot."

"What is?" he asked.

"Here," I said and cupped his cheeks and went on to kiss him fervently, he returned it and we were like that for a moment. Then things went on heat and something happened that time. As I remember all of it, I covered my face with my hands, "so... we did it?" I shyly asked, I don't want to look at him.

"Yes." that word almost killed me and I can't believe that at this age, I'll be crazy enough to do this. I sat there, stunned and embarrassed. I don't know what to say to him. What if Jonathan found this out? I mean, it's not that I care. Because he became a total jerk and he was way too busy to think about Angelica, that's why I decided to search for her whereabouts. I stand up quickly and the hangover is still hitting me, he looks at me and carries me in one swoop. I was bedazzled by him, he put me back in bed.

"Sorry if there are days that I was hard on you, I hope you can forgive me for what just happened yesterday."

"It's no biggie, Madame. It's understandable."

"Anyways, I forgot your name. What's your name again?"

"Name's Tyler, Madame. And, we're the same age, so don't worry about that... If you are ever wondering."

"Oh, okay, I might've not properly introduced myself. I'm Anita Monroe," I happily said and reached out for a handshake and Tyler took it instead to kiss the back of my palm. I don't know what just happened to us, but the champagne makes me wonder. I've decided to put an end to what Alexander or Ronaldo has told me, to end this suitor thing and be with myself and to know this Tyler guy. I dialed Jonathan's number and he answered immediately.

"Hello, Anita. Look, I'm sorry. I know I've been acting like a total douchebag and—" I quickly cut him off.

"And I'm ending this relationship with you," I said in a polite tone.

"Wait— What now? That easily?"

"Yes, because Alexander, my step-brother has told me to intrude between what you guys are having in your relationship. Oh, and guess what? I'm proud of Angelica that she can stand that attitude of yours. So, bye." I was happy to do it, I don't know why I had the initiative to do that. Yet, I kind of regretted that I left him hanging there while his true love was in Spain. I suddenly get up, Angelica, she must be in grave danger.

"Madame, before you do something else. You should eat the hangover soup I made for you, I learned it from my mom because of course, I used to be a drunkard." I can't even argue with him, because I have no other reasons.

"Okay, but you'll be with me through the end. Got it?"

"Oookay??"

"Come on, help me finish this up, and let's go to Spain."

"Why madame?"

"Because we have unfinished tasks to be done."

Jonathan's POV

I don't get it, why is she working with Alexander? I paced around the hall of my office and noticed a guy standing on the edge of the hall. I stopped and turned to have a good look at him. He then walks away quickly, I rolled my eyes because I'm much faster than him. I was able to catch him up and hold his shoulder, it was Maxwell. My old friend fifty years ago.