【 C h a p t e r 5 9 】

Anita's POV

Anita's POV

"Tu ne vas pas me faire ça, hein?" he asks, I just chuckled. I shake my head in disagreement and wipe the blood off, I hold his hand firm yet careful.

"Allons-y," I said calmly and he just nodded, he held my hand tightly as we went out.

Angelica's POV

"Peasy facile," she says, I don't know what she's saying. Then I felt something on my back, I quickly turned around and it was Jonathan. To my surprise, he didn't do anything. He just cupped my cheeks and I smiled at him.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, there's a guy who creepily walks towards me in that bathroom." I pointed, he looked at it, and then rushed inside the bathroom. I hear a crisp of bones cracking, it's loud and clear. Men gathered around us, we were outnumbered. I sided with Anita and looked at her.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? Do you need a favor?" she asks, I showed her my knife, "That's a knife, but it's made of silver... Wait, you know about Alexander?" I'm quite shocked that she knows it.

"Yes, and Jonathan is one too."

"What?!" I asked loudly, making them flinch at it.

"No time to chit chat, but more time to fight."

"Are you serious right now?!" I shouted, Jonathan, looked at me. He just nodded at me and gave a reassuring smile, I just grabbed ahold of the child's hand and we just made our way out secretly.

"Où m'emmenez-vous?" he asks, oh no, French. I should've listened to the class back then, what should I do?

"Oh, uh, b-bonjour! uh, au revoir...?" he looks at me so confusingly, I should've just stayed.

"Comme tu es drôle ici dehors, gamin," someone said behind us, I glanced. Alexander is sitting behind the pillars, mostly relaxing.

"Alexander, what do you want from us? Answers? To what? To everything?"

"You're bashing loudly, lady," he says in a calm tone.

"How dare you be calm and all just like that?! Your friend is fighting!" he stands up to where he sits and in the blink of an eye, he's standing in front of me.

"He. Is. Not. My. Friend," he hisses, I put the child down where we can't involve him.

"Well, he. Was," I retorted, grabbing his bow tie and pulling it to be at the same height as me, "I don't care what you guys have in each other, so tell me what you want. If what you have reasoned with me is an act of childish revenge just because of Monica, you're gonna have to deal with me to a serious talk."

"Je ne sais pas ce qu'elle dit, mais elle semble dangereusement folle."

"Minuscule, mais puissant." the kid adds.

"What? What are you guys talking about?" I asked Alexander.

"Nothing, then I guess we'll have a serious moment to talk to each other."

"Good choice," I said and sat down, but he didn't. Instead, he closes the door and looks at me.

"Why did you take me that night?"

"You're wounded, first of all."

"Do not take pity on me,"

"Oh, believe me, I don't."

"Why do you look exactly like her?"

"Are you dumb? I don't know! You guys are being hysterical, yet lunatic at the same time."

"I'm not dumb, it's just— you're peculiar..." he trailed off.

"Even after telling me your sob story, it's still not enough to you," I said, trying not to jump off, Alexander looked at me. Hesitating to talk, but mustered up his courage and began to talk.

"You can't change someone so easily, Angelica. I was obsessed with Monica, I wanted her to be mine all alone, but I learned something that boiled my blood for Jonathan," he explained.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"I heard him talking to Monica. He said he wants to make a cure, he wants to live just as much as humans are." Alexander looks up, he seems affected by it. I was stunned by what he said— he's making a cure to live normally just like me. A lot of information is going in my head and I feel so pressured about it, I feel like I want to take back what I just said.

"But why are you mad at him about making a serum to cure him?"

"Because I don't want to lose Jonathan just as much I've lost Monica," he says sternly, "He's like a brother to me, I am, I just don't know how to say it to him because all I've done in my life is to fuck things up." I've never felt so intrigued, Alexander seems to look mad and about to kill someone but he's just concerned about him.

"So, tell me. If Jonathan's probably around 100 years old or what, how old are you then?"

"I'm near to my end," he says, "We live for 2100 years, just 30 more years and I'll probably die."

"But you don't look so old," I said. Alexander laughed at it.

"My face might not say it all, but I truly am. I've lived and watched this whole world change, from modernity to technology. This manor here is where I was born. I grew up from it, aged, changed, and probably about to be buried here."

"Is there any reason why Jonathan's father looks old and you don't?"

"Yes, by shifting. We shift and there's a massive growth spurt that makes the aging process slow down big time and I look like a 40-year-old man with a business running for about 250 years, the Monroe Estates. It was my mother's business passed down to me before passing that down to her."

"So... not to ask personally, but have you... Do you know? As what my sister calls it, mated?"

"Me? Oh, yes, a lot. But none of them bears it, condoms perhaps are the right answer. But back in the ages, they aborted it." I don't know whether to be enlightened or grossed out about what Alexander just said, but I guess that's one way to keep himself away from unnecessary responsibilities by creating more people like him. I wonder if Jonathan did the same thing, but knowing his parents, I'm sure he wasn't.