【 C h a p t e r 5 5 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

"I still can't believe it, how can you prove it?" I toughen up and try to be still, even Angelique was in shock at what I asked.

"I hope you wouldn't say that," Jonathan says and before he does anything I stop him.

"Please, stop. I have a lot in my head and I couldn't figure out if you guys are joking or not." I put my hand on my forehead slowly going down to my face.

"Well, if that's your choice then—" Angelique, who keeps trying to hide it, was cut off by Maxwell.

"No, it's gonna take some time to wrap it all in your head."

"You guys are becoming crazy about it." I, on the other hand, still can't believe what was revealed to me. They're delusional, too stressed in life, and even if I'm like that also... At least what I have in me is true, I can talk to animals. Putting all of those beside me is a struggle, Angelique tries her best to hide it. Jonathan is annoyed, and Maxwell... he's kind of something. Maybe he just came out of the closet or whatnot, he sits beside him and whistles nonchalantly. Not knowing that he's the only one who's not acting delusional, for the very least I guess...

"Uh, Jonathan?" He looks at me.

"What?" he asks me like he doesn't have time, his annoyed expression affects me too.

"You know what? Never mind, you wouldn't be interested at all because you're ill-mannered."

"Oh, so do you want to know why I'm acting up like this huh?"

"Enlighten me, please," I said sarcastically.

"The reason why I'm acting up like this is that I'm afraid that you'll get hurt and I don't want you to get hurt!" he shouts, "In another term, I love you! And I know you don't feel the same way because you're pushing me away and you want me to be with Anita" all of us are shocked by it.

"I pushed you away because I can't find a good reason for me to say I like you and that's why I feel the same way! I kept pushing you because I couldn't contain all these feelings in me, and I pushed you to be with Anita because I thought that might be a good idea for me to forget you! But days passed by, months passed by but I still remember it! And it means I've fallen in love with you!" I catch my breath when I'm finished confessing it and Jonathan looks speechless, yet his ears are almost clapping in happiness.

"W-wait, what d-did you say again?" he stutters, his cheeks a brush of blush, and my heats up.

"You heard me, I won't repeat those."

"I-I thought you don't l-like me," he kept on stuttering and I kind of smiled because he looks like a tomato.

"That's what you thought, and that's what I thought too. So, don't worry about me and don't be afraid, okay?" Jonathan just nods, and I approach him slowly before patting his head. He lowers his head for me to reach it, then he pulls me into a crushing hug. I felt like my bones were about to crack at any given moment and I tapped him.

"Too... Tight, might... wanna loosen up."

"Oh, sorry." I breathed freely when he did, then Angelique and Maxwell grunted at us.

"I know it's supposed to be 'Aww, they confessed that they love each other, but ended up being 'ugh, get out of my sight.'" she rolls her eyes and Maxwell interrupts.

"Yeah, I thought it was an 'Aww' moment, but it turned out to be the cringe-worthy moment ever." Angelique looks surprised at his comment and claps.

"Totally! Well, someone here gets my point."

"I know, right? Let's go, unless we want to puke ourselves seeing them all lovey-dovey." they turn around and walk away, as they talk about how annoying we became and acting all angry at each other.

"So, I know it's a lot to take in... But I hope you're ready for some cameras when we go back to the States."

"It's a bit nerve-wracking but I can do it. Oh, and Angelique has a massive crush on Nicholas. I'm sure of it, she doesn't know just how to show it, just like me. Because neither my mom nor my dad has taught us that, they were about to... But unfortunately, we have to learn it all by ourselves."

"I'm sorry about your parents," he says. I haven't said anything that they died.

"I didn't tell you that they're dead," I said. Jonathan looked at me seriously.

"I was there, you were talking about how precious your mom and dad are."

"Okay, enough with that wolf thing." I started to walk and I felt something strange as I walked away from it.

"I'm not joking anymore," he says, I stopped. I turn around to see him and he starts to shift. His suit and pants draped down the floor and my eyes slowly widened on him, I stood there, frozen. I saw that too, I'm not kidding, my eyes are blessed. Not knowing if what I saw was right, I rub my eyes hard enough and blink from it. But no, it was all real, what the document says was true all along. And I just became crazy about it, but my hearing about animals isn't crazy. They're real, but this? I can't seem to stand it, I fell to my knees and saw Jonathan turn into Nathan. Like my eyes have seen such horror, I mean, it's not that horrifying but shocking.

"Don't look at me like that," he says shyly.

"Well, I couldn't look at you like some normal person who's seen you change many times." I try my best not to crack my voice and he just sits.

"Then, this is a problem. You should get used to it because now, someone is trying to spy on us."

"Wait, spy us? You mean, the spy-thingy with trackers on?" he nodded, and I gulped.

"Yes, luckily, you left the stuffed toy in the plane and it has a tracker on it."

"Start from the beginning," I said in confusion, he started to talk about the girl who gave me that stuffed toy and the man behind that incident. Then a thought washes all that he said to me. If he's the wolf I'm taking care of, then does that mean when I'm bathing him...? I gasped at it and he looked at me.

"I know, it's shocking." I went back to reality.

"Huh? What shocking?"

"Uh, are you even listening?"

"I mean, I was, then there's this thought that kind of scared me."

"What is it?"

"When I'm giving you a bath..."

"And here I thought you wouldn't think of that," he says.

"So does that mean you're expecting it?"

"Yeah...?"

"Then, I accidentally touched..." my mouth hangs ajar and even though he's not in his human form, I can feel that he's smirking.

"Why? Wanna see it for real?"