【 C h a p t e r 1 6 】

Jonathan's POV

Jonathan's POV

I am still surprised by what she said earlier and my tail can't stop wagging from it, I mean. Does it mean it's also Angelica's first kiss? I mean, how come? She's way too beautiful to not even have a first, does she mean it? My tail wagged even faster and thinking how lucky I am to have kissed Angelica and that no one has kissed her. Now that I'm thinking about it, remembering Monica back then, I don't think I haven't even gotten the chance to kiss Monica back then...

"I also forgot to cook your food," she opened the door and went straight to the kitchen and after a while, she put on a nicely cut and fried steak, my mouth started to water from the smell and Angelica looked at me carefully.

"What? Is something the matter?"

"You just have a beautiful pair of eyes," Angelica complimented me. I smiled at her, and although it was not noticeable I made an effort nonetheless.

"Got to say... Your food is delicious."

"Heh, thanks." She just sighed again endlessly.

"Your sighing is getting me annoyed, can you just tell me your problem?" Angelica thought for a second and just shook her head.

"Come on, it's not like I'm gonna go scold you because you did something stupid." I sat up once I finished eating her meal.

"Fine, don't even tell this to David. Do you swear?" I nodded.

"What is it?"

"2 months ago, there's a rabid wolf who attacked a man. Then Nicholas, who is my boss's brother, hits it with a big metal pipe. I tried to forget about it." Angelica explained then motioned for the metal pipe.

"Maybe he's just... really strong to do that." I pointed it out to her.

"Impossible. I did what he did," she said.

"Really? When?"

"When I'm at home, I tried lifting a big metal pipe." Angelica raised her right hand and there was still a bruise left on her knuckles.

"And, what about your boss?"

"Well— Well, he's much stronger than he is. My boss punched a wall and I did what he did too..." She trailed off.

"Why would you do that? Are you an idiot?" Angelica looked at me and I realized what I just said.

"Oh, right.. Sorry." Then she continued.

"No, it's okay." Angelica grabbed the two bowls and washed them. She put some water in the big bowl for me to drink.

"I'm just really glad that you're here tonight," she gave me a sweet smile and I'm bothered by it. After all that I've done, she just smiles as if nothing happened.

"Why are you always smiling even though the day is rough on you?" Angelica looked at me seriously and explained.

"My mom used to tell me that 'whenever there's something hard to face, smile on it. Don't be sad just because you lost or you're sad that something happened bad to you, you can't beg for someone to make you happy. You can only beg yourself for it, so smile and laugh when necessary. Cry and bawl if needed, fume and rage when you must.' That's why whenever I feel that it's going to be a hard day, I try to smile and give everyone a cheerful beginning at work." She answered.

"So, where's your mom?" I asked Angelica, and she just looked up.

"She's in the ceiling?" she looks at me with her brows furrowed.

"What? You just looked up, it's not like I know what you're looking at."

"Right, sorry," Angelica sighed again. I just rolled my eyes and she continued.

"She's up in heaven, I guess you don't know what heaven is. Is it?" she chuckles at it and I just nod.

"I don't want to get too religious about it, so I don't want to talk about it. Maybe many people will hear me and fight over it, so let's skip that part," Angelica explains, and after minutes of her brushing my hair, she starts to yawn and looks at the clock.

"Oh, it's midnight. We probably should go to sleep, I have to go somewhere tomorrow."

"Where?"

"It's because we talked about my mom and remembered that tomorrow is my parent's 10th anniversary." Then it struck me.

"Tough night, isn't it?" Angelica chuckled and stood up to pick me up and carried me to her bedroom.

"I can walk," I whined, she raised me and I looked at her.

"Really? Then..." Angelica faked dropping me and I clung to her immediately, my claws slightly dragging her clothes, and saw some kind of scar on her shoulder.

"What's this scar?"

"Oh, that— that scar also appeared ten years ago..." she trailed off and she put me down first at her bed before she tucked herself in the blanket.

"Why didn't you continue?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow because I'm—" Angelica starts to yawn.

"Sleepy," we both said at the same time and she pulled me into a hug to nuzzle my chin after whispering.

"I guess you're handsome when you become a man, but I guess that's fiction." Angelica's breathing calms when she falls asleep and I scoff at her.

"I guess you're pretty too when you're sleeping and smiling brightly," I whispered back when she turned around. I quietly jumped out of bed and went into the guest room just to see her sister sleeping with her headphones on. I just shrugged it off and closed it quietly, I went into the other room and saw that this is the room where I left some of my stuff. I transformed back into a human and I put some pants on before going back to her bed, when I slid under her blanket she woke up and her eyes were squinting at me.

"You look like my boss, I don't know why." Angelica's head drooped slowly onto my chest and went back to hugging me.

"You're warm," she says under her breath.

"Yeah?" I whispered back and she nodded slowly.

"I wish you were human." Angelica's breath becomes shaky and she starts to fall asleep again. I am, but you might get scared of me. I'm afraid that you'll avoid me when that happens. I hugged her too before falling asleep.