【 C h a p t e r 1 4 】

ANGELICA'S POV

ANGELICA'S POV

I rummaged every corner of the house and I found nothing, I sat on the floor and kicked the air.

"Why does this have to happen?" I nearly shout and Angelique throws a cushion at me.

"You can use my debit card." I quickly crawl towards her.

"Really?"

"But you have to pay." I nod happily and squeal like a little girl when she hands it out to me, I jump back to my room and sighed happily.

"Now I can rest happily." I fell asleep and later, I woke up from the sunlight and smiled widely. I took a lovely bath and dressed to go out shopping with Madison.

"You seem so happy today, princess," Madison says.

"Of course, this is what we call once in a blue moon event. We can't miss this out." As we walked along the mall, I passed by some dresses and something stopped me from walking.

"What is it?" Madison asked, I turned my head at it and saw a light blue dress with a big hat on it. I stand in front of the dress.

"This dress is lovely," I said.

"Yeah, even though it'll cost a fortune we have to try it on." She pushes me to go inside and the saleslady gives it to me happily.

"You're our first customer for the day, ma'am. I hope you love that dress," she says as Madison looks for something else, I went to one of the rooms to change outfits. After I finished changing, I went out and Madison's mouth hung ajar and so did the other.

"You look so lovely there!" Madison avers.

"Why thank you." I curtsied.

"What shall I call you? Madam or Ma'am?"

"Just my name is fine, I don't need the honor to be known." she just chuckled and went to change clothes too.

"You look stunning as ever, Madison." I cheerfully clap at her as she did a curtsy, we walk happily and she looks at her watch.

"Crap, we're late." I look at her.

"And so what?"

"Remember last year when Mr. Lee got late? He has to make a dramatic entrance."

"Well, that's a good sign. Don't be nervous, just smile and wave like a princess on her ball," I cheer Madison up.

"Like a princess," she smiles at it and we're now standing in front of the door, we can hear the speaker announce that we're now coming in. The door opens slowly and widely, as everyone turns their heads at us and all of their eyes are wide. We walked down the carpet, the two men didn't turn around because they were having an intense talk. But as people started to clap at us they turned their heads, it was Jonathan and the guest Madison talking about. They eyed my dress and looked at me surprisingly, Jonathan's mouth opened slightly and the other guy was just looking at me. The only vacant seat is their place, great after Jonathan got mad at me. I sat beside Jonathan and Madison sat beside the guy.

"Good morning, gentlemen," she says, the guy shook his head and greeted her.

"What a lovely place to meet you." He reached for her hand and kissed it, I squinted at it a little but just shrugged it off. Jonathan is still looking at me and I plastered a smile at him and bowed.

"What a really elegant entrance for our lovely chefs." We just smiled at the speaker and the party continued, it was sunset. I went to the balcony to get some fresh air and took a long breath when the guy from earlier stood beside me.

"Good afternoon, milady." He reached for my hand.

"No need to do that, I don't do those kinds of things to be greeted properly." I swiftly put it out of the guy's hands and he smiled at it.

"You're really like that, Monica." Ugh, another one of Jonathan's people. He started to irritate me and another man walked in.

"She's not Monica, Alexander." it's Jonathan's voice, so he's Alexander. I noticed his eye patch on his left eye.

"Is that eye patch real by any means?" I asked, he flips it up and sees that it was a real one.

"Sorry, it just got me curious. I'm not being rude at all, I mean it." He just nodded at it and he looked back at Jonathan, dead in the eye, they seem to have a bad relationship.

"It's fine, I always get asked a couple of times." Alexander didn't look away.

"I guess you should leave, Angelica," Jonathan says. I want to go out and avoid the tension rising between them but Alexander got a hold of me.

"Do you want to know what happened to my eye?" he frighteningly asked. Jonathan grabbed my other wrist tightly.

"Alexander, that story will never be proven true." He snapped, both of my wrists hurt from their hold.

"Guys... It hurts," I painfully said, but they never listened as they bicker nonsense in front of me. I had enough and got mad, yanked it out of their hold. I slapped both of them and they were shocked.

"I said... it hurts, don't you get it?!" I looked at Alexander first.

"You, I just met you and you assumed me right out of the bat that I'm Monica. I don't know who the hell she is and I don't want to know, and you!" I looked at Jonathan.

"Doesn't mean I smiled at you earlier doesn't mean we're okay! Get it?!" My scold got some of the people's attention and I looked at them dead serious, they got surprised and went back to what they were doing.

"I am done with all of your goddamn 'Monica' shenanigans!" I screamed at them and walked out; my mood is ruined and the night is also ruined. All of the people slowly step away when I walk out of the venue and I just walk abruptly out of the scene, Jonathan followed me by yelling my name and I tripped. Someone grabbed me, but we both fell and landed on the floor with a loud thud, everyone gasped at us. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I'm on top of Jonathan, and something was wrong... I look down and see my lips... Crashed on him?!