【 C h a p t e r 13 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

"Thanks, your brother's weird by the way." Nicholas snorts at it and the door swings open.

"Angelique?" I can feel the glare passing through me and darting at only one person. Nicholas Young, I slowly turned my head at him and he was beyond terrified of her. Not only that, Angelique smells like liquor, has she been drinking before they fight? What just happened to the both of them? But I shrugged it off nonetheless, it's out of my reach.

"Why is he here?" she asked.

"It's because you left her, you're supposed to take her home." Nicholas retorted, Angelique scoffed at him and she started throwing a suit at him.

"Here's your... stupid suit."

"By any chance, are you guys dating?"

"What?! No!" They both said at the same time.

"It's just..." she trails off

"A misunderstanding."

"Yeah, yeah... a misunderstanding," I eyed them and throw my hands in the air

"Whatever, I don't want to meddle with your lover's quarrel." I snickered as they both gasped at me, my phone started to vibrate and it was a call from Madison.

"Hey Maddie, what is it?"

"This is just in, you know what we like the most?" I gasped.

"Is this wearing a dress from the nineteen hundreds?" We both squealed.

"Yes! It's a dream come true, tomorrow we're gonna go shopping and buy antique dresses from one of the branches here in Beon-Yeong."

"Ooh... Where?"

"New York! And that's where they're gonna hold the event!" We both scream and dance like crazy people even though we don't see each other.

"Okay, I'll go straight to sleep and we'll meet at seven. Deal?" I asked her.

"Deal. Bye, love you!"

"Love you too, oh, and say to Alissa that I said hi!"

"Okay, bye!" We both said our goodbyes and hung up, I punched the air from excitement.

"You're weird," Angelique says when she closes the door.

"You're sleeping here tonight?" I asked her, and she just nodded and opened the fridge.

"I'll be here, maybe for a week, because the place is being renovated and the animals— Sadly, there's only one dog that got euthanized." My smile suddenly fades.

"Why— why would they do that?"

"That's the rule when no one buys them for months."

"What if someone is going to buy it then you guys suddenly euthanize it?"

"I can't do anything about it, Angelica. They keep track of the dog and when it takes months of them not getting bought, they euthanize them. You know how it goes," Angelique says.

"You should've brought it to me, I should've bought it."

"You're always not here, Angelica."

"There are neighbors who can take care of the dog," I exclaimed.

"I know, I'm sorry. You shouldn't be thinking about this right now, you have an event coming up."

"Okay..." I quietly went to my room and got myself thinking. What if Nathan got euthanized too? I said to myself, it breaks my heart to think about it. I sat on the vanity and noticed that the drawers were slightly open.

"Huh? Why's my other phone open?" I opened it and there was a recording. I never get inside my room for long because there's a spare cabinet outside and I always fall asleep on my couch. I opened it and listened.

"Angelica, if you hear this message, it means I'm leaving. It'll take a while, but I'll come back. I promise you, when the full moon comes, I'll visit you again. But don't be surprised if you see me hurt or sick, it irritates me." I quickly turned it off because I don't want to get teary.

"This guy is cranky, he reminds me of someone." I wiped off the tears that are welling up and looked for my debit card. I also noticed that my old phone is gone.

"Huh? Where is it?" I opened the door and looked at Angelique.

"Angelique?"

"Hm?"

"Did you use my debit card?" She quickly gets up from the sofa and looks me dead in the eyes.

"I have my own." Angelique flashed her debit card at me.

"Well, my second old phone is gone and so is my debit card also. Where would it exactly go if I just left it untouched?"

Exactly 3 months ago...

Jonathan's POV

"Are you okay?" He tilted his head lightly and looked at me. I just grinned and maintained myself. As I recollect myself, I saw myself naked in the mirror. My eyes widened and grabbed her blanket to cover my body. I used the phone I got to call my chauffeur to buy me clothes with some food. I waited for a while when I heard someone knocking at the door, he then looked at me with his eyebrow raised.

"Sir, you look rather disappointing. You sleep at anyone's house nowadays." I took the box and I answered him.

"She took me when I changed into a werewolf." He looks at me with a surprised look and he clears his throat.

"It's either you're utterly dumb or she's naive but if you don't want to get caught naked, you should change now." The chauffeur pointed out.

"Whatever." I closed the door and went to her room to wear it. When I finished putting it on, I tidied up her room and left David with the food I had given him.

"Make sure you don't tell anything to Angelica about this." He just looked at me and continued eating.

"Where do I go then, sir?" he asks

"Go back, I'll be back on my own." David sighed and walked away.

As days passed by when she left again, I transformed back into a human and put on some clothes and pants.

Meantime...

As I think about how I messed up and how she cried when I left, she's the only person who took me in. People are too scared of me and she only smiles whenever the day is tough, it reminded me of Monica of how she's so cool when dealing with things. She's always kind and stays positive in all things. I looked out the window.

"Tomorrow's full moon, I have to go back as I promised," I muttered.