【 C h a p t e r 4 4 】

Jonathan's POV

Jonathan's POV

We parted our lips and Angelica was quiet, but the ice cream fell on her hand and hit both of our thighs. Some of the people around us cheered and her cheeks started to blush. She hid her face by using my suit and people were awed, some took a picture of us and some were filming us.

"Look how cute they are! Isn't that fascinating?" Some girls are envious of Angelica and I let her stand to get away from the crowd, but then, someone screamed and it's not far from here. All of us thought that it was some kind of prank, but it wasn't, the little kid is running away from my kind, but instead, it can walk. Much faster than I am, even if it is just a blink away from the human eyes, for me, it's like a normal person running from a child. As soon as it took down the child, his claws sheathed out of his giant paws and clawed their way into the child's abdomen and everyone clapped.

"That's real, what the hell!" I said, people booed and hugged that creature, but then... when he hugs the woman tight and I just sighed and we both left, still letting the face of Angelica covered by my suit.

"Are they gone?" She asks.

"...Yes, so you can take it off now." She did, but she was already in the car, she smiled ever so widely and she put the suit on her lap and dusted off some dirt on her ankle.

"By the way, why did I hear screaming earlier?"

"They're cheering for us."

"They sound terrified to me."

"...They're just envious, " I said, merely shrugging it off and going to another place, the radio went static and a reporter came speaking.

"Flash report, an unknown creature started lurking around Manhattan and it is bringing such a nightmare! It is said that it was following a child and it suddenly starts to attack it, they have a video about it—" before it even continues to talk, I switched the channel.

"Why did you switch it?" she asked.

"Too noisy."

"Yeah, right, like you care about the noise. Literally."

"Well, now I care," I said and looked at her, she tears her gaze away.

"Don't look at me, look at the road!" she says and points at the front when I start to look at it, it's the same one and it lunges forward. It went flying upwards, I immediately stopped the car and I found it lying on the ground. Bleeding out and hissing, I went back from the car and she was about to go out.

"Don't come out, it'll be quick. I promise, " I said and she didn't answer, but then, she fainted.

Before...

Angelica's POV

I sat in fear as I remembered what happened to me when I was a teenager. I can hear my heart beating fast in my ears and how I perspire heavily, my vision starts to blur as I hyperventilate and I want to get out, but instead, Jonathan comes and a vision comes into my mind... A guy saved me before, and it became familiar to me. But I didn't see his face and he kept talking. I couldn't understand a single word he said and I zoned out.

"Angelica!" a person shouted, calling out to me, a man's voice.

"Wake up!" A woman's voice said to me, I slowly opened my eyes and I saw familiar faces looking at me concerned.

"She's waking up!" Even though I can hear them, all of them are just a matter to me and I can't understand. A little later, my senses are back and I see that I am back at his house and my sister is also there. She was a bit teary-eyed when she saw me woke up and something came licking at my face and that Dave is here.

"I thought you were a goner," he says, wagging his tail endlessly.

"That's what you thought," I said and as I remembered it again, I shuddered in fear, and Angelique was patting my back and she said something to me.

"We're going to Spain," she says happily.

"I just fainted then we'll go to Spain? Is this some kind of joke to you?" I asked her roughly.

Jonathan's POV

"How is she?" I asked the maid.

"She just woke up, sir."

"Thank you." I gratefully smiled at her and she just nodded. A little while later, Nicholas came in and gave me a paper.

"Something that can make you stop liking her."

"Woah, you just became serious all of a sudden like that is something confidential."

"Well... It is, so read it." as I read through the pages, he continued, "One of our employees knows who we are and that person wants to warn Angelica about us." my eyebrows became one as I heard that one of my employees knows it and it made a threat to us.

"When is she coming back?"

"Well, her sister said that she wants to go to Spain and she says that they'll stay there in the meantime."

"Then, it's settled then. Ready a private plane for them and let's clear the issue happening here, ASAP." I stood and before I even opened the door to her room, I saw her with Dave, what she named him, and heard what the dog had said.

"I thought you were a goner, " the dog exclaimed.

"That's what you thought," Angelica and I both said. I was stunned that she could understand what he said to her and I looked at him.

"Why are you looking like that? You knew that already," Nicholas said defiantly.

"I know, it's that, I thought she was kidding."

"Wow, you've been with her numerous times and you still think that she was kidding?" Before I even retort, I heard what she asked her sister.

"I just fainted then we'll go to Spain? Is this some kind of joke to you?" It is my cue to come in and disrupt it.

"Yes, you're going to Spain, I reassigned you. Beon-Yeong mall is famous there and a lot of artists come there just for them to buy clothes or eat food."

"Even though that is good to hear, I still think that it is a joke."

"Jokes aside, you're going to Spain. Now, " I said sternly, Angelica looks at me with a pained expression like I'm pushing her away. Yes, I want to push you away as far as I could, as I try to solve the issue here.

"Mr. Young, " Angelique chimed, "Come with me." I did, when she closed the door, she then wore her smile off and looked me dead in the eye.

"What is it again?" I asked.

"Make sure she'll never know it," she says, Nicholas puts a hand on my shoulder giving me the she-knows look. I gulped.

"I can assure you that," I said, acting resolved and she sighed.

"I don't know what's happening in this world," she whispered before entering the room and trying her best to persuade Angelica when I came in, she looked serious.

"I'll go," she said without looking at me and just readied herself to get up and leave. I grabbed her wrist and she looked at it.

"I'm sorry, " I said sincerely.

"Oh, don't be, I just remembered that you have a suitor. So, I am done, and it's nice to have you accompany me." Angelica bowed and even Angelique was looking at her weirdly.

"I hope you'll get there safely, " I said.

"I hope she's the best match for you, sir," she says without looking and leaves... I felt uneasy as she said those words and a thought came to my mind, do I like her?